Hottest Ticket in Town - NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
    My folks sat directly behind the visitor bench from 80-84. They had two of four tickets with the other two belonging to their friends. The Misses in the other party of two used to yell obscenities at the opponents to the point that their was an Eagle editorial on it. Prices went up and my Dad gave up the tix. Entertaining none the less!
    I must have sat close to your parents. My tickets in those days were in the fourth row on the floor right behind the visitors bench. I vividly remember the woman you are talking about. In our area, we refered to her as" the mouth". I think some opposing coaches hated coming to HLA just because of her.

Comment

• Shane Dennis reported earlier that it was sold out too.

Comment

• I sat behind Mike Davis and the UAB bench at Intrust. He is an angry man, and I'm not surprised he hasn't maintained success anywhere.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

• I have 2 lower bowl tickets. Section 115 row N behind the shocker bench. PM me if interested. Last minute cancellation from my group......Pending thanks for the quick responses.
          Last edited by Yellow Bellied; December 12, 2013, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
            I must have sat close to your parents. My tickets in those days were in the fourth row on the floor right behind the visitors bench. I vividly remember the woman you are talking about. In our area, we refered to her as" the mouth". I think some opposing coaches hated coming to HLA just because of her.
            My folks were incredibly embarrassed! They'd drive to the game together, sit down and she'd unload hateful vulgar things at the bench. Then my folks would have to leave with her at the end of the game.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
              My folks were incredibly embarrassed! They'd drive to the game together, sit down and she'd unload hateful vulgar things at the bench. Then my folks would have to leave with her at the end of the game.
              My kinda' woman!!!
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                Shane Dennis reported earlier that it was sold out too.
                Oh man. The Tulsa Syndrome strikes again. Very disappointing coming from Shane.

Comment

• just heard an advertisement on the radio for the game

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                    Oh man. The Tulsa Syndrome strikes again. Very disappointing coming from Shane.
                    In fairness he did correct himself at the end of the broadcast. Still, not sure how they start getting this info.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      +1 on missing Bruce.
                      Yeah, well, at least he left behind Evie.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                        Shane Dennis reported earlier that it was sold out too.
                        I heard that driving home and nearly wrecked into oncoming traffic. It was a mixture of laughter and just sheer dumbfoundness. Shane initially said it could sell out or may sell out and then someone whispered into his ear that it was sold out.

I just don't understand how this concept is so difficult to grasp.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by InWuWeTrust View Post
                          just heard an advertisement on the radio for the game
                          At 36 hours out? Impressive!!
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 2,179 tickets left

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                              2,179 tickets left
                              Closing in on the 13,000 mark.

Unfortunately, 14,000 continues to be the realistic goal, unless Doc unloads 1/100th of his daily salary and buys up all the remaining tickets.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                                2,179 tickets left
                                If we can get that to 1,250-1,500 by tomorrow night we'll be dang close to a sellout by game time, I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X