Financial Metrics: 3G and WSU versus the MVC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fastbow View Post
    For perspective, I attend UTSA right now, and they manage to cut a lot of football corners WSU CANNOT cut.
    1) They have a world-class coach doing it for the love. Seriously. Larry Coker at UTSA makes less than Gregg Marshall. Way less.
    2) They have a world-class facility that damn nearly begged them to play there. The Alamo Dome was built for football, and San Antonio has been desperate to get football in there.
    3) UTSA is right in the middle of a huge recruiting hotbed.
    4) UTSA has twice WSU's enrollment, easily, and was founded in the 1960s.
    5) UTSA is part of the UT system. That same UT system has the largest endowment of any public university. They've got cash.
    6) UTSA football is the only game in town. A town of 1.3 million.

I can't speak to the rest of the list, but as I always say, UTSA is a terrible comparison to WSU, unless you've built a domed football stadium in Wichita since I left.

You make some good points but there are other division 1 football programs very near San Antonio. Texas St is only 50 miles away and more importantly, Austin is only 79 miles away. Even Texas A&M and Johnny Football is only 170 miles away. So UTSA doesn't exactly have the San Antonio market all to themselves.

Comment

Working...
    X