Ron Baker's Role This Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    Or he's simply a stud. Why is it hard to believe that we could have two members on the first team? We are the top dog in this conference and we have top players. Bake should have a hell of a year.
    Because it is a Valley award? Because there were not Shockers on the All-Defense team last year? He could be a stud and still not make 1st Team. Ask Cotton.

Comment

If he has the year I expect, he'll be there no matter.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'm hopeful for that as well. If he does, I think we'll be close to that 17 win mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          If Ron Baker is on the Post-Season All-MVC team, either Cle was hurt, or we won at least 17 games.
          Two Shockers can't be All-MVC at the same time? Have the rules chanced since the Carr, X-Man, and Sherrod days?

Comment

Originally posted by bunck View Post
            MSU writer has Baker on his ballot too (http://blogs.news-leader.com/msu/201...season-ballot/), but the Bradley writer doesn't (http://blogs.pjstar.com/pressrow/201...my-mvc-ballot/).
            These guys are homers... especially the PJ Star writer. Two Bradley players on the 1st team ???

Comment

I know I am homer, but position for position, who starts here ahead of our starters? MVC All Stars vs WSU....who wins?

Comment

Marcus Marshall, Jake Odum, Manny Arop, and Walt Lemon would probably all start ahead of Cotton, or at least they would be in the conversation. It's hard to know about Coleby.

The All-Star team of Odum, Lemon, Arop, Tuttle, and Van Deest with Marshall, Pickett, and Jackson off the bench would be pretty salty.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
                  These guys are homers... especially the PJ Star writer. Two Bradley players on the 1st team ???
                  I thought the same thing. Is that for real?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    Marcus Marshall, Jake Odum, Manny Arop, and Walt Lemon would probably all start ahead of Cotton, or at least they would be in the conversation. It's hard to know about Coleby.

The All-Star team of Odum, Lemon, Arop, Tuttle, and Van Deest with Marshall, Pickett, and Jackson off the bench would be pretty salty.
                    Van Deest? As in the slow as molasses, weak player for Drake? No freaking way.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      Van Deest? As in the slow as molasses, weak player for Drake? No freaking way.
                      I know, I know...hard time finding a decent center this year.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

He and FVV, just avoid the sophomore slump. That is all.

Comment

[QUOTE=wufan;420464]Marcus Marshall, Jake Odum, Manny Arop, and Walt Lemon would probably all start ahead of Cotton, or at least they would be in the conversation. It's hard to know about Coleby.[quote]Offensively, no doubt. Where do they all stand defensively? That I don't know and then it depends who else is starting. If there's enough offense, Cotton could get the nod over some of them because of his D and smart decision making.

No doubt, but I think FVV, Cotton, Baker, Early and Coleby are a better starting 5. Add in Wessel, Carter, Lufile/Shaq of the bench for 8 and I say we win. But it could be a decent game. I'm interested to see how Holland and Green fit in with the team this year though. Both could eventually be huge weapons here.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

[QUOTE=SubGod22;420527][QUOTE=wufan;420464]Marcus Marshall, Jake Odum, Manny Arop, and Walt Lemon would probably all start ahead of Cotton, or at least they would be in the conversation. It's hard to know about Coleby.
                            Offensively, no doubt. Where do they all stand defensively? That I don't know and then it depends who else is starting. If there's enough offense, Cotton could get the nod over some of them because of his D and smart decision making.

No doubt, but I think FVV, Cotton, Baker, Early and Coleby are a better starting 5. Add in Wessel, Carter, Lufile/Shaq of the bench for 8 and I say we win. But it could be a decent game. I'm interested to see how Holland and Green fit in with the team this year though. Both could eventually be huge weapons here.
                            Gregg Marshall with both legs tied behind his back versus the 2013 Miami Heat. Go!
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Gregg Marshall with both legs tied behind his back versus the 2013 Miami Heat. Go!
                              Marshall, if he can wear his glasses and Higgins is in Russia.

Comment

Wiggins?

Comment

Working...
                                X