Creighton In-Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vancedave56
    We really only went about 7 deep - fatigue played a factor. Overall, it was an impressive effort. I was really pleased with Lance Harris' ability to just "fit in." Great overall team effort - offense looked much improved. Keep workin' at it Shox! :wsu_posters:
    I agree. Great effort tonight. But we are still a bottom-feeder this year. We need to just keep scrappin' out a few wins (hopefully) and build toward next year.

Comment

• Boy, we sure lost a lot of "talent" during the 7 or so minutes when we went from +12 to -2 at the final buzzer... WoWzers!!!111

T

...8)

Comment

• With the way this season has gone for the Shocks I suppose this was about the only thing that could make us feel even worse.

This is much more painful than if CU had simply blown us out of the buidling.

Nice effort though Shocks. I am sure the players hurt even more than the fans.

Hopefully, the hurt can be funnelled into better and smarter play during crunch time in the future.

:goshocks:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood
          At least the consistency is there... that is the fans consistency bitching about Gal.
          i know its ridicilous aint it. If JT durley dont brick a front end of a one and one then we are not in the situatio we are in.
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood
            Originally posted by Maggie
            Good effort most of the way. Shame they let it get away from them.

Why do teams always get hot from 3 against WSU? I just don't get it.
            It confuses the piss out of me because so many of CU's 3s were tough shots, etc. This always seems to be the case.

I guess I can't come to terms with our inability to guard the outside shots. Obviously we suck from outside. I can't come to any other conclusion.
            I can’t watch the game but like you said it seemed that most of the made 3s were defended well. CU just drained them. As you know, this is not the first time this has happened.

It drives me insane because I can’t point to any one reason – you can’t blame the players if they are guarding the shots and you can’t blame the coaches either when the kids defend.

It is sad but I actually expect this to happen in any close game.

Well -- hats off to Lance Harris. He played great tonight. In fact, most everyone played pretty well.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound
              Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
              Originally posted by NCAABound
              Originally posted by newshock1234
              We got totally #### by the officials. HOW THE #### ARE YOU NOT GONNA CALL A TRAVEL IN THAT SITUATION
              No...It's called blowing it. Not the officials fault.
              actually a no call on a travel is not called blowing it.

The way we lost the game yes was blowing it. But in regards to newshocks post I would say you are wrong.
              With all due respect ASM...what about the other 12 points (lead) that we pissed away? One call doesn't make a game.
              we're good.

Ill repeat what I said though. The way we lost the game was blowing it. There is no way they should have been as close as they were. We completley blew it in the second half.
              But Newshock didnt say anything about the refs being the reason we lost the game. If they call the travel *which i didnt really see because i turned my head in disgust while it was happening* then they dont take their first lead. So if there was a travel yes the refs screwed us. But all in all the game shouldnt have been that close in the first place.

and not towards you NCAA but to many times on this board people make a reference towards a certain call and people automatically assume people say we lost because of reffing. Personally i can think of only one game the we lost because of subpar officiating which would be last year when we were part of the "Hightower dinner show & revue* I think these people are stupid as hell. and need to step their reading comprehension up.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234
                Originally posted by Rosewood
                At least the consistency is there... that is the fans consistency bitching about Gal.
                i know its ridicilous aint it. If JT durley dont brick a front end of a one and one then we are not in the situatio we are in.
                As HCGM put in his post game show. One more play by any one player at any time in the game could have been the difference.

Comment

• Marshall in the post game show says he's confident he'll win there.

Comment

• no matter what you say.
                    even if we gave up a lead.
                    until about 2 mins when they called that ball out off coursinard.
                    i wasnt blaming refs.
                    Thats a travel 100 percvent of the time in the nba.
                    even mike donahue has to call that a travel.
                    if we had been back and forth the whole game.
                    and were up 1 as we were before that no call.
                    we get the ball back, we can win the game.
                    by holding on to the ball for 17 seconds. and not taking a single shot.
                    we call a time out get it up court.
                    and hold on to the ball we win.
                    that simple.
                    that was one of the worst calls ive literally ever seen.
                    we were up 1 its CUs last posession refs are doing anything they can to give CU a W.
                    As long as we didnt turn the ball over there. we won the game after that travel.

that play(by the refs and the loudest mouth piece of trash in the valley) won the game for CU...
                    "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                    CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234
                      Originally posted by Rosewood
                      Weren't you the one who just said Gal was the reason we were in the game in the first place? What about JT? His 10+ boards (many offensive rebounds) didn't matter? So Gal can be good the entire game and screw up at the end....but JT can't?

Comment

• I thought Creighton made a smart play to foul JT on the floor before he could get the 3-ball off at the end of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                          I thought Creighton made a smart play to foul JT on the floor before he could get the 3-ball off at the end of the game.
                          It was a smart play.

Comment

• Wasn't newshock the one last year who started the 'Ryan Bradley instead of Phil Thomasson' thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                              I thought Creighton made a smart play to foul JT on the floor before he could get the 3-ball off at the end of the game.
                              haha JT pump fakes and he should have went up with it

Comment

• Marshall told everyone to look around and think about the one play each person could have made that would have delivered vistory.

Comment

Working...
                                X