No announcement yet.

Creighton In-Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just watched the game for the first time this afternoon and followed the posts as I watched.

Gal played a heck of a game, and was the reason we were even close.

Wendell, way too many turnovers and Phil took himself out of the game with stupid fouls.

I can't see why Gal got most of the criticism.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle
      Because when the game is on the line, Gal goes out of control and makes a dumb move.

He plays great for the first 39 mins, but makes a bonehead play in the final minute, which is what everyone remembers.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock
        Originally posted by wu_shizzle
        Because when the game is on the line, Gal goes out of control and makes a dumb move.

He plays great for the first 39 mins, but makes a bonehead play in the final minute, which is what everyone remembers.
        Exactly. Fair or not that's how it goes. You always remember the bonehead mistakes towards the end of the game and not the ones throughout. Unless they were REALLY bad.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Where's L.D. Swanson when you need him?!?!?

:D

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
            Originally posted by AndShock

Exactly. Fair or not that's how it goes. You always remember the bonehead mistakes towards the end of the game and not the ones throughout. Unless they were REALLY bad.
            Nobody remembers how great Greg Norman played in the 1996 Masters. They only remember how terrible he shot in the last round. In fact, Gal is beginning to turn into our very own Greg Norman. Plays great for most of the game, then blows it in the end.
            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

• Originally posted by BA2929
              Originally posted by SubGod22
              Originally posted by AndShock

Nobody remembers how great Greg Norman played in the 1996 Masters. They only remember how terrible he shot in the last round. In fact, Gal is beginning to turn into our very own Greg Norman. Plays great for most of the game, then blows it in the end.
              Could even mention the Patriots of this year.. Won every game except the Super Bowl, and that's what they'll be remembered for: Not winning the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                I can understand in the heat of the moment why all of that frustration would be directed at Gal. He's going to be remembered for the charge, and not the game he had leading up to it, fair or not.

But if you want to be objective, go back and watch the game. I think you could make the case that Phil's stupid fouls or Wendell's shot selection and turnovers had more to do with the outcome of the game.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                X