New Shocker Video and Hashtag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Shocker Video and Hashtag

Last year brought us #WatchUs. This year it appears to be #mySTATE.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Also featured as a splash page for GoShockers.com.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I'm sure it will be a good campaign but my mind is going straight to MoST fans and their "Wichita is not a state" shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
        I'm sure it will be a good campaign but my mind is going straight to MoST fans and their "Wichita is not a state" shirts.
        That's what I immediately thought of too and it's probably where they actually got the idea from. I like the new campaign but I hope they don't abandon #WatchUs. That was marketed great and really caught on with the younger/twitter fan base.

Comment

Its like I told some MoSt fans one time...Wichita is a State, a state of mind.

Comment

Just got the Sunday Eagle and it has a front page wrap around about the "State of Wichita" now thats the way to kick off a campaign.

We declare this moment to invoke a movement
            A movement signifying an end
            As well as a beginning
            Let corners of Kansas join in creating a new endeavor
            Not only a new state of power
            But a new state of law
            Together, let us explore
            A state of the fans
            By the fans
            The energy
            The faith
            The devotion in which we bring to this endeavor
            Will light our movement and all who serve it
            And the glow from that fire
            Can truly light the state
            In your hands will rest the final success or failure of our course
            Will you join in this historic effort
            Divided, there is little we can do
            United, there is little we cannot do
            Watch us begin
            Watch us declare our
            STATE OF WICHITA
            #MySTATE

Comment

I don't love it.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Is it just me, or does anyone else have a problem getting to goshockers.com after the video? Or for that matter, skipping the video?

Comment

I can't get the video to play.... Everything else works

Comment

#Watchus was easy to understand. #mystate makes my head hurt trying to understand. Not a fan.
                    Professional gas passer.

Comment

I think the idea is easy to understand, but the video (finally watched it) is too wordy to catch on or create an emotional attachment.

Comment

Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
                        #Watchus was easy to understand. #mystate makes my head hurt trying to understand. Not a fan.
                        This campaign is not concrete sequential. It requires a higher level, metaphorical type of thinking. I think that coming up with new ideas that are fresh and witty in addition to being liked by everyone can be incredibly difficult. I personally think that this campaign has potential and will give it a chance. I think that it is evident that marketing is working hard. I wonder what happens next.

By the way, I hope they market the madness and Tennessee game at IBA as hard as Kansas State is marketing their Gonzaga game.

Comment

I trust that the current #1 marketing department in collegiate athletics will hit another home run... I like it!
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I like it. Mostly because it's a big middle finger to KU
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                              That's what I immediately thought of too and it's probably where they actually got the idea from. I like the new campaign but I hope they don't abandon #WatchUs. That was marketed great and really caught on with the younger/twitter fan base.
                              Those were my immediate thoughts too. I am not sure it is a great idea to base your marketing efforts off MO STATE fans. There are some things I like about it, but it is a little more complicated than WATCHUS and the video almost makes my head hurt. But I guess it could catch on. It was only my first impression.

I just hope they don't drop the WATCHUS campaign. I hope this new one is in addition to WATCHUS and doesn't replace it. The WATCHUS caught on very well and needs to continue.

Comment

Working...
                              X