No announcement yet.

Player taken to hospital?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the operative words here are personal physician and family concerns. Other than that it looks like the young man can do as he pleases as far as physical exertion. Great news for him that he has options.

Comment

• I dunno. If I'm Papa Bowles I'd think I'd want some clarity on what we're dealing with before I throw my boy back on a court. But that's me and I realize everyone has a different philosophy.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Because of the ICD implant, if he's able to play again, I think he would be less likely than anyone else on the court to have some kind of medical emergency.

Comment

• Then you haven't seen one of these things work. Folks, not to be a Debbie Downer but this implant doesn't prevent it from happening again. It's not like this thing quietly regulates your heart and you go on your merry way.

Comment

• This surgery is about the same as implanting a pacemaker. It's not like open heart surgery. The only required access to the heart is to attach the leads from the device to the heart. I don't believe that requires cutting (possibly not even much spreading) ribs. It requires penetrating the protective sac around the heart, so there is an infection risk.

My 93-year-old mother had a pacemaker installed last spring. Recovery was in the range of one week, and she struggles to recover from medical procedures.

Considering the range of possible outcomes, I think this one is toward the positive end of the possibilities.

A RS year for caution and evluation is likely, but depending on what the doctors, coaches, D.J's parents, and D.J. decide, he might be able to go this year. This year would take a very optimistic prognosis from medical. Doctors aren't normally that optimistic.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• DJ has to take his time, listen to his doctors, visit with his parents, and look at the Science to make his decision. WSU's responsibility is to take care of him regardless of his decision.

Comment

• Amazing that, again, Utah State and Wichita State finds itself brought together.

We should play every year. Home and Home.

Comment

• Did they ever say what they found during the tests at the Mayo Clinic?

Comment

• Ryan Gomes and Wichita State meet again.

If we would have landed him, HCMT would have got things rolling quicker.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                        Ryan Gomes and Wichita State meet again.

If we would have landed him, HCMT would have got things rolling quicker.
                        I remember going to Providence and beating his team in 2004 I believe, but I had no clue we were in on his recruitment. You're right, that would have helped big time.

Comment

• This definitely gives me hope that DJ can play basketball again sometime soon. I certainly don't expect him to play this year, and maybe not next, but I'd love to see him get to fulfill his dreams.

Comment

• Definitely so, Phi -- and if Grant Gibbs can get most of a decade to complete his career, why not Bowles too?

Comment

• You know, we just had a guy get a 6th year also.

Yes, the situations were different, but also very similar.

Comment

• Unless it takes longer than this next year to recover, or DJ suffers another injury/medical issue, I don't think he would have cause to appeal for another year.

Comment

Working...
                                X