Player taken to hospital?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
    DJ had an internal defibrilliator installed in surgery. He will be back in Wichita in the next couple of days.
    Thanks for both the information and for getting us back on topic.

Hopefully this resolves the issue.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
      DJ had an internal defibrilliator installed in surgery. He will be back in Wichita in the next couple of days.
      OK so what does that mean in everyday life? He can resume a normal life or one that does not involve over exertion?

Comment

• This was posted on Twitter by Andy Katz awhile ago, but the link was broken. It appears to be working now.

Comment

• Wow, glad everything went well and I'm beyond thankful that DJ is here with us today. I hope at Shocker Madness that when the team is introduced they make sure to include Todd Fagan and he should get a standing ovation from everyone in the crowd!

Comment

• God speed, DJ! The #1 positive, he has something to save his life in case someone like Todd isn't around to save his life, God forbid something happens again.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• From the sounds of the article, there is a distinct chance Bowles can go back to living the same life as before and may even play this season.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• It's not right (imho) to get into the discussion of whether or not he'll play this year, but my reading of the article resulted in a different slant.

Comment

• From the article:

"But if he's cleared to play and doctors say he can play with that infernal defibrillator he's had installed, who am I to say he can't play?"

Did Marshall really call the defibrilator infernal (as opposed to internal), or did some editor doze off? In any case, even if DJ is cleared to come back, I have to believe it's going to take a while. You don't just shrug off heart surgery. I can't imagine this not being a redshirt year for him, although I'm neither medical doctor nor coach. I'm just glad he's still around for the decision to come up -- there should be a lifetime limit of one death on the court per coach, and Marshall has unfortunately already had to reach his.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                    From the article:

"But if he's cleared to play and doctors say he can play with that infernal defibrillator he's had installed, who am I to say he can't play?"

Did Marshall really call the defibrilator infernal (as opposed to internal), or did some editor doze off?
                    People really rely too much on spell check sometimes.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Very true, Sub. Those wrong words that are actual other words can cause some real problems.

Comment

• So he's basically Iron Man now?

Praise the Lord this happened when the right people and technology were in place to save his life.
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

• Well, shizzle, I'm not sure about Iron man, but I know he isn't the Six Million Dollar Man -- that would be an NCAA violation.

Comment

• Bout have to assume that this is a redshirt year, then decide.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Bout have to assume that this is a redshirt year, then decide.
                              Agreed. I'm going to work on the assumption that this year is out. The thing I'm going to be looking to hear is not that he is cleared to play this year, but that he is cleared to return at all. No point in speculating when he will be back playing basketball until we get definitive word that he will be back playing basketball.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Not to make judgement or prediction, but it can/has been done.

http://newsroom.heart.org/news/many-...igorous-sports
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X