New Camera Platform in Koch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Camera Platform in Koch

Was in Koch recently perusing the new scoreboard/sound setup (pretty sweet), when I noticed what is presumably a new camera platform. This one features a floor level literally as high as is realistically possible, to replace the old camera placement only halfway up that gave us pretty shallow angles.

Downsides would be the loss of 3 rows of high, yet prime seating in Section 108, and a very low build quality and appearance. It's made of dimensional lumber painted black, and generally looks like something a high school shop class would throw together. It's far from pretty when you're right up on it.

Our seats are directly in front of that platform. (Sec 108, row 31).

But glad to see they moved the bay up.

Comment

They had to do this. The camera angle will be MUCH better for televised games. It probably should have been done 10 years ago, but someone missed the boat on that. So what will happen to the midcourt area where the cameras used to be? Will they put in more wheelchair seating?
      78-65

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
        Was in Koch recently perusing the new scoreboard/sound setup (pretty sweet), when I noticed what is presumably a new camera platform. This one features a floor level literally as high as is realistically possible, to replace the old camera placement only halfway up that gave us pretty shallow angles.

Downsides would be the loss of 3 rows of high, yet prime seating in Section 108, and a very low build quality and appearance. It's made of dimensional lumber painted black, and generally looks like something a high school shop class would throw together. It's far from pretty when you're right up on it.
        I bet some low rent, west side builder built it. :)
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          I bet some low rent, west side builder built it. :)
          Well, thankfully, it's not plastered with WCS or KMC magnets.

Think I saw a Klausmeyer logo on it though, but I might be wrong.

Comment

Well, thankfully, it's not plastered with WCS or KMC magnets.

Think I saw a Klausmeyer logo on it though, but I might be wrong.
            I bet it has a linoleum floor though, amirite?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Long overdue.

I don't think the quality of a camera bay is really all that important. I don't think it's something the cameras are gonna focus on when we're on tv. I guess they could have made it higher quality to go along with a high quality arena, but whatever. I'm sure they have the funds to do it.

Nice job, athletic department. Like WuShock16 said, it only took 10 years to get er done. I'm happy it's done though.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                Our seats are directly in front of that platform. (Sec 108, row 31).

But glad to see they moved the bay up.
                From a cost-benefit perspective, you pretty much have the best seats in the house.

I will now spend the upcoming season looking at that row and wondering which set of seats represent the RoyalShock estate.

Comment

We love bein in row 31

Comment

From a cost-benefit perspective, you pretty much have the best seats in the house.

I will now spend the upcoming season looking at that row and wondering which set of seats represent the RoyalShock estate.
                    I'll further reduce your odds of figuring it out by adding, we share those seats with two other couples . . . not during the same games, though. :)

Comment

Nice! I agree that it is long overdue. The old view didn't bother me that much but it did make the arena seem smaller on TV. This will make for a better angle if it is used for the game action and not just highlights, commercial breaks....etc. I like it!!!
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        I don't think the quality of a camera bay is really all that important. I don't think it's something the cameras are gonna focus on when we're on tv. I guess they could have made it higher quality to go along with a high quality arena, but whatever. I'm sure they have the funds to do it.
                        No it really doesn't matter at all in the grand scheme of things. It is just made of unlike materials as compared to the rest of the building, so it kind of sticks out if you are tuned into such things. It'd be like you using structural steel to build your house deck. Works fine, but looks odd as a part of a single-family home.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          I'll further reduce your odds of figuring it out by adding, we share those seats with two other couples . . . not during the same games, though. :)
                          Did you attend the swingers convention in Las Vegas last week?

Comment

No it really doesn't matter at all in the grand scheme of things. It is just made of unlike materials as compared to the rest of the building, so it kind of sticks out if you are tuned into such things. It'd be like you using structural steel to build your house deck. Works fine, but looks odd as a part of a single-family home.
                            As others have said it's probably not that important to have an expensive and high quality camera platform just as long as it is stable and not shaking too much when the crowd is into it. Could be they wanted to try this out first and see how it works out before committing to a perhaps more permanent investment.

Comment

Looks pretty similar to what they built for the band for in recent years. Probably a lot fewer hoops to go through as the physical plant can put it together

Comment

Working...
                              X