Belcher -- uh Bleacher Report -- We're No. 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belcher -- uh Bleacher Report -- We're No. 18

According to this, we have no replacement for Carl and EO and our rebounding will suck. Guess they don't know everything they think they know and they sure haven't been talking to the right guys. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...25-poll/page/9

I'm thinking about trying an experiment. I'm going to have my 8 year old daughter write an article about WSU, post it to bleacherreport.com and see how long it takes for someone to post the link on here.

Comment

It surely would be the best thing on the site in a long while.
      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

This article was written by Thad Novak. Here is what you get when you Google him -- "I'm an ex-academic scientist who's having a lot more fun trying to make a career out of sportswriting." Well, that explains a lot, with the operative word being "trying".

Comment

Why even link it then?

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
            Why even link it then?
            This; particularly when these sites make their money and reputation on number of links and click-throughs which drive ad revenue and search engine results.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
              Why even link it then?
              Because I can. I didn't look up the author until after I had linked it. I would still have posted it because the article is out there. We might as well know about it so we can refute it if some jackass wants to make a point about it.

Comment

If some jackass wants to make a point about something from that site, you simply respond by saying it was from that site so therefore has zero validity. Few, if any, take that site seriously at all.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

You can read almost any piece from that website and you'll find one glaring error. It's an absolute joke and what's really sad is that it's pretty high profile (CNN, etc).

Comment

Honestly I enjoy reading whatever article about WSU that comes from that site, 1- because I like to see what people mess up when they try to talk about us and 2- because that means our coach and team are still on people's minds out there. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Edit- Just don't believe all the **** that's being posted by anyone who has an article on it because there's likely multiple errors.
                    Shox-4-Life

Comment

Originally posted by KochHead22 View Post
                      Honestly I enjoy reading whatever article about WSU that comes from that site, 1- because I like to see what people mess up when they try to talk about us and 2- because that means our coach and team are still on people's minds out there. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Edit- Just don't believe all the **** that's being posted by anyone who has an article on it because there's likely multiple errors.
                      I agree with this. I read every article about WSU that is posted on this fine forum. Maybe we should have a bleacher report thread for all the articles mentioning the shox. Something like the Game Recaps video thread from Reaper.

Edit- I want it to be clear by Fine Forum I mean shockernet not BR

Comment

It doesn't look like this guy has done much research. There is room for a bit of concern with the departure of Hall, EO, and White but we return Early and Lufile and add Coleby, Carter, and Morris. Our small forwards and guards will be good rebounders with the emphasis that Marshall puts rebounding.

Comment

I also like to read anything and everything about the Shocks. You just have to know what you're going to get with BleacherReport. The name is actually quite accurate. It's the view from a distance, outside the field of play. Otherwise, it would be called BenchReport.

Comment

The article isn't way off base.
                            • I think the outside world views Early as a Small Forward / Stretch 4.
                            • Most people didn't watch us play without Carl Hall
                            • Early played well on the block while Carl was out
                            • Incoming players go through growing pains (especially post players)
                            If you concur with the above points, how far off reality is the bleacher report article? I know I expect our new guys to be awesome, but I wouldn't expect many college analyst to be as optimistic. The fact is, we are going into this season without an experienced power forward and a center who played at a much lower level d1 program.

Comment

The point being, nobody at BR is an actual analyst. I'll admit that I haven't read the article as I refuse to read anything from that site because it is what it is. And that's a waste of space written by anybody and everybody that chooses to submit something regardless of experience or areas of knowledge. I'm just thankful that Shox21 warned us it was from BR so I could avoid it. And I try not to chime in on these posts until others have already done so.

I do get amused when something on BR ruffles feathers as I personally give the site no weight. Same if someone writes a glowing report of the Shox. I won't read it and give it no validity. I'm much more intrigued with what those who actually follow the sport and make their living doing it have to say about our program, good or bad, than some guy who fancies himself a writer but refuses to do much research or editing of his/her own work.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X