No announcement yet.

Steve Forbes joining Wichita State staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm excited to see what kind of recruits he can bring in but I'm also curious to know about those he recruited to NWF. Does anybody know anything about the youngsters Forbes left behind? Are any of them potential Shockers next year? They've got a nice big at 6'10", 235 who might come in handy for a couple years.

Comment

There might be several with enough skills to be Shockers. The transfer from Lispcomb seems to be the most sought after at this time as several big names are interested. He is 6-10 and 285. The other 6-10 center is Michael Chandler who was in the top 100 in high school. His freshman season was just so-so.
      Last edited by tropicalshox; July 12, 2013, 10:50 PM.
      In the fast lane

Comment

I wouldn't say anything bad about Self. He's clearly a top 5-10 coach in college basketball.
        Originally posted by BleacherReport
        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Coach Forbes start going on the road for the Shockers next week.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Too much love for ones self in this thread. Yuck

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
              Too much love for ones self in this thread. Yuck
              Some of their bandwagon, Johnson County, Wal-Mart T-shirt fans are easy pickins', but Bill Self is pretty much the standard of respectable college coaches.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                Some of their bandwagon, Johnson County, Wal-Mart T-shirt fans are easy pickins', but Bill Self is pretty much the standard of respectable college coaches.
                I thought he was the standard for Hair club for men.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                  There might be several with enough skills to be Shockers. The transfer from Lispcomb seems to be the most sought after at this time as several big names are interested. He is 6-10 and 285. The other 6-10 center is Michael Chandler who was in the top 100 in high school. His freshman season was just so-so.
                  It looks like Chandler is also getting plenty of attention.

In the fast lane

Comment

Priorities?

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                    Coach Forbes start going on the road for the Shockers next week.
                    Who do you think Forbes visits first? Guys to whom the Shox have already offered for another hard sell? Or did he bring a list of his own during the interview with 3G as deliverables for his first recruiting foray?

Who would your priority be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                      The best players who fill our needs. In other words, more of the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                        HCGM has always been really good at game planning and preparing his players for a matchup in the days ahead of a game. He's also been consistently good at adjusting his game plan at halftime.

There used to be a big weakness where we sucked at adjusting during the flow of the game (maybe b/c, as pin mentioned, we never used timeouts) but it seems like HCGM has made huge strides in that area over the last 2 years. We self-correct much better now, and coach is less shy on his timeout trigger than he used to be.

I really dunno if there is an identifiable weakness right now.
                        According to some numbers SI put out during the Final Four, our after-time-out numbers are still a bit poor:

Originally posted by BleacherReport
                        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Who do you think Forbes visits first? Guys to whom the Shox have already offered for another hard sell? Or did he bring a list of his own during the interview with 3G as deliverables for his first recruiting foray?

Hopefully a couple of bigs are on the list. We lose Lufile and Coleby inside, and Early to some degree. We will get Carter back as a SR and then have Shaq and I believe that's it. I think two bigs are definitely needed in the next recruiting class. At least one HS and possibly a JUCO guy.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Haas
                            "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              I think two bigs are definitely needed in the next recruiting class. At least one HS and possibly a JUCO guy.
                              Couldn't agree more. I'd love to see another 7 footer on the roster but hopefully one that has far more offensive ability than EO provided the past two years. Haas would be a terrific get but sounds like he's got his mind set on UAB. Forbes could probably bring in Chandler from NWF but he earns his paycheck if he brings in Haas as I see it.

Comment

• I get the feeling Haas will end up elsewhere. I really think he'd fit in well here and help keep us at a high level. I'm sure the staff will find someone to fill that need. Although, I expect Shaq to be the man at some point.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X