Steve Forbes joining Wichita State staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Forbes joining Wichita State staff

This obviously deserves it's own thread: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...ta-state-staff

Awesome hire, way beyond what I would have expected.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

DREAM TEAM!!!!!
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Nice article describing the UT violations. Good perspective.
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Jenn Bates@KWCHJenn

From a D1 assistant on hiring of @ForbesNWFhoops : 'Unbelievable recruiter and personality. With him and Heiar on the road it's over.'

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Jenn Bates@KWCHJenn

From a D1 assistant on hiring of @ForbesNWFhoops : 'Unbelievable recruiter and personality. With him and Heiar on the road it's over.'
          And that doesn't even take into account 3G and Jans. We won't see any kind of dip in recruiting here.

I just want to know if we, with the current staff, have sufficient connections in OK/TX. Lots of talent there and it's been pretty good to us. I think I read somewhere that Forbes has connections all over the country and I believe Jans has some TX connections as well. I know we'll find plenty of talent wherever we look, I just don't want us to lose what TX has to offer.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            And that doesn't even take into account 3G and Jans. We won't see any kind of dip in recruiting here.

I just want to know if we, with the current staff, have sufficient connections in OK/TX. Lots of talent there and it's been pretty good to us. I think I read somewhere that Forbes has connections all over the country and I believe Jans has some TX connections as well. I know we'll find plenty of talent wherever we look, I just don't want us to lose what TX has to offer.
            Forbes coached at Texas A&M. I would imagine that he has some connections and Jans has some also because he also coached a juco there.

Comment

I'm excited to see Coach Forbes in action.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Talking with a few guys on another recruiting/sports tennessee msg boards ... they have basically reiterated what has been said here: great recruiter, has established relationship w/most of our staff, great hire for us.

Pretty excited IMO for this hire ... really interested to see who we go after on the recruiting trail w/Forbes
                Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Interesting hire. Glad to see 3G willing to give a Coach Forbes a second chance and, I hope that as long as Coach Forbes is a Shocker he will never find himself in the position if found himself in at at Tennessee.

Here is Coach Forbes bio while at Tennessee:
                  http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/forbes_steve00.html

Nice looking family.

Here is an interesting article from a couple of years ago after the Tennesse staff was fired and penalized: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/15650956

Looks like we traded a young, inexperienced coach in K.T. Turner for a mature and very experienced coach in Steve Forbes. Perhaps we should be sending thank you notes to K.T.

In any case, welcome to Shocker nation Coach Forbes and family. Looking forward to a mutually rewarding experience for you, your family, WSU basketball and for Shocker fans during your days as a WheatShocker.

Go Shocks!

Comment

For the first time since the scandal that cost former Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl his job, one of the members of his coaching staff will resurface at the Division I level. Steve Forbes, who just completed his second season at … Continue reading →

Comment

WSU's news release makes it offical.

In the fast lane

Comment

It appears that Coach Marshall has assembled a staff of head coaches in waiting. That shows a man confident in his own abilities and a coach who is certainly well respected. Not sure how long we will have this group together but hopefully we will make this pay off big time over the next few years.

Perhaps being able to hire Coach Forbes is another benefit forthcoming from last year's FF run.

3G getting pretty damn good at this addition by subraction game.

He has been steadily building the deepest teams in the Valley and perhaps, now the nation, and it would now appear he has done the same with his coaching staff.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 8, 2013, 08:14 PM.

Comment

franfraschilla Fran Fraschilla
                          Very happy for my man, @ForbesNWFhoops. In fact, a lot of coaches are happy for him. Congrats, Steve! http://t.co/qYDXCRDd7O

Comment

A home run hire!

Comment

I really didn't think it was possible for me to dislike Bruce Pearl more. These articles managed to do it.

I'm excited about bringing in Forbes, though. This is a MUCH better hire than I would have hoped for yesterday.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                              X