Steve Forbes joining Wichita State staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Crow?? I hear Barry does great BBQ. I think IlSU is probably the most likely to try to stage a cookout to try to frame SF. Probably try to Photoshop SF and some recruits into a BBQ pic.

If I can include a recent MVC coach, McDermott might just sacrifice his first-born to make this hire.
    If BigDermott landed a hire like this, he might have a shot at continuity after Doug graduates

Comment

I thought that it was interesting that SF was going to talk to each player individually after talking to the team to calm down feelings. Do you think that we may be interested in Hurt (6'10/280), and Chandler(6'11/245)? I would prefer Haas because he'd have four years, but if we don't get him, both of these guys would be big time Top 5-10 jucos and Chandler was a Top 75 high school player a couple of years ago.

Comment

I would be shocked if we don't end up with a couple of them, most likely Chandler, I spose.

Comment

I'm not at all concerned with SF's ability to recruit high school kids. He did it for three years at Barton County and two years at NW Florida and his record was 68-28 and 61-6 = 129-34, with high school kids.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Fantastic hire!!! Hadn't checked Shockernet in a few days because I'm in Jamaica so as soon as I saw this thread I almost jumped out of my chair!! From all accounts Forbes is a great guy who is liked by everyone and unfortunately he was put in a no win situation by Bruce Pearl. Our staff is stacked!!!! The future is looking even brighter for our program!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
              That's not inaccurate. They did not list Nick or CJ, but the statement was not that Cle, Earl, and Darius are our only JUCO players on the roster, but that 1) we still have Cle and 2) Ear and Darius are the only incoming JUCO players. Both statements are true. Now the grammar of "there is only two," on the other hand . . .
              Careful! The anti-grammar police will have your head.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                That's not inaccurate. They did not list Nick or CJ, but the statement was not that Cle, Earl, and Darius are our only JUCO players on the roster, but that 1) we still have Cle and 2) Ear and Darius are the only incoming JUCO players. Both statements are true. Now the grammar of "there is only two," on the other hand . . .
                Cannot WAIT till Ear gets here........

Comment

I take back my earlier assessment that it is a home run hire.

The more I learn, the more I'm ready to say this has the potential to be a "walk off grand slam hire".

Comment

Originally posted by GarH View Post
                    I take back my earlier assessment that it is a home run hire.

The more I learn, the more I'm ready to say this has the potential to be a "walk off grand slam hire".
                    Or, like, a walkoff home run in the 11th of Game 6?

Sorry. Go Cardinals!

Comment

I'm starting to get greedy. Sure I'm happy I get to see more Shocker games on TV than I did ten years ago, but I want to see them all. I live in Tucson and I'm also a UA Wildcat fan, but I'd MUCH rather watch a Shocker game than a Wildcat game. The players on the Shockers team ARE Shockers. With Sean Miller now bringing in 5 star players, they may wear a Wildcat uniform, but make no mistake, the majority of them are there to audition for the NBA for a year or two.

Comment

Originally posted by GarH View Post
                        I'm starting to get greedy. Sure I'm happy I get to see more Shocker games on TV than I did ten years ago, but I want to see them all. I live in Tucson and I'm also a UA Wildcat fan, but I'd MUCH rather watch a Shocker game than a Wildcat game. The players on the Shockers team ARE Shockers. With Sean Miller now bringing in 5 star players, they may wear a Wildcat uniform, but make no mistake, the majority of them are there to audition for the NBA for a year or two.
                        I see somewhat where you're coming from, but do you not want us to start pulling in five star recruits?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          He's going to get an Early full.
                          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            That is why I'm not a published writer, I guess.
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              Some slices of bread have jelly on them (freshman). Other slices of bread have peanut butter on them (jucos). Some slices of bread have mayo on them (white tangy tasting stuff), while others have cheese (I prefer American on a good old bologna). What I'm trying to say is, I could use a BLT right now. Or a reuben, but only with real corn beef -- none of that new age turkey reuben crap. Oh yeah, back to my point! Regardless what you put on the sandwich, wheat toast is ALWAYS a good bread selection for the sandwich.
                              The Anchor on Douglas has a great Reuben! I have to get one every time I stop into town!
                              I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                              If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Originally posted by LandStander View Post
                                The Anchor on Douglas has a great Reuben! I have to get one every time I stop into town!
                                Oooh, good to know, I'll try that out.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X