Marshall on KWCH tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall on KWCH tonight

"For the next several years, we can play with any team in the country, and we can beat any team in the country".

I think that's the quote. And I love that attitude, especially since I think it's the cold, hard fact. It may not happen every night or every time, but I have no doubt that for the next several years, the Shox are capable of beating any team in the country. Not every night, but they're capable.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

i'd say that they are a threat to boat-race any team in the country.

creighton got out just in time btw, as i've said here before (recently).. they had a serious hardwood beat-down coming to them next year, courtesy of wichita state.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
      i'd say that they are a threat to boat-race any team in the country.

creighton got out just in time btw, as i've said here before (recently).. they had a serious hardwood beat-down coming to them next year, courtesy of wichita state.
      If C.U. takes a nose dive in the '13-'14 season, I will not be surprised. They lost three key players - Wragge, Echenique and Gibbs.

In the spring of 2014, C.U. loses Dougie to graduation.

I don't believe that Coach McDermott is a great recruiter, so I expect a big nose dive in the '14-'15 season.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

The worst part of cu taking a beating in the new big easy is that they will say "Here was the team that won the Mo Valley last year and the tournament and they can't even finish in the top 1/2 of our new league. This is one tough league."

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
          If C.U. takes a nose dive in the '13-'14 season, I will not be surprised. They lost three key players - Wragge, Echenique and Gibbs.

I don't believe that Coach McDermott is a great recruiter, so I expect a big nose dive in the '14-'15 season.
          Wragge is going to be a senior this year.

Comment

Why the stated time frame? Why just the "next several years?"

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
              Probably because 3G doesn't want to project passed what he knows he has. We're young and have what appears to be more good young talent that will help carry us for a while. It's hard to make comments based on the absolute unknown.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                The worst part of cu taking a beating in the new big easy is that they will say "Here was the team that won the Mo Valley last year and the tournament and they can't even finish in the top 1/2 of our new league. This is one tough league."
                Yes but WSU showed we can compete and beat anyone. So as long as they dont say we suck because we play in the Valley, I dont mind.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  if that happens, cu gets pummeled in big easy, they will say "welcome to the big time blah blah blah." what they won't know until it's too late is that wichita state would have kicked their ass even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
                    Darius Carter, Tekele Cotton, Fred VanVleet, Ron Baker, Evan Wessel, Derail Green, Rian Holland, Shaq Morris, D.J. Bowles, Zachary Brown. There's your known lineup for the next several years.

I think Marshall was just commenting on the level of talent he sees on campus and from committed recruits.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post

I had been under the impression that Gibbs got an extra year cleared. Perhaps he made some of those faces and put his hands behind his head in front of the NCAA and it worked there too. I guess it might have also helped that he was hungover all season. Does that qualify as a medical hardship?

Comment

Would have been kind of cool to beat Evansville last year, especially on Senior Night.

Comment

Originally posted by shockkansas View Post
                          Would have been kind of cool to beat Evansville last year, especially on Senior Night.
                          Not as cool as being good enough to beat La Salle.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by shockkansas View Post
                            Another PRIME example of why this tool bag troll needs to be axed.

I mean, what is a KSU fan doing at 10:30 on a Friday night in the middle of summer?

Perusing a WSU basketball forum, dropping insecure posts, of course.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                              Not as cool as being good enough to beat La Salle.
                              I believe you meant WHIP LaSalle, Hatter -- and for an entire game, not just one half that turned out to be too little too late.

Comment

Working...
                              X