• Valley Scores - Wednesday, Jan 30th

Home teams sweep tonight:

Drake 75 - Drake continues to roll at 10-0 in the conference
    Creighton 65

Bradley 63
    Indiana State 44

Northern Iowa 69
    Illinois State 61

Wow! Bradley is rolling now with Ruffin back in the line up! If they keep this up i won't want to them come tourney time.
    Shocker Forever!!

Comment

Re: Valley Scores - Wednesday, Jan 30th

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
      Creighton 65
      Home team or not...surely the end times are upon us. lol :shock:
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Home teams sweep tonight:

Creighton 65

Bradley 63
        Indiana State 44

Northern Iowa 69
        Illinois State 61

Illinois St losing is very bad for the conference. They are our best hope right now for getting multiple ncaa bids.

Our best hope for even 2 bids now may be for Drake to win out and then lose in the Valley tourney.

Comment

Not really, our best hope is for Drake to keep this up then lose in St. Louis. There's no way we get more than 2 in.

Comment

I hope they clench before we get to them for that last game so that we don't have to be there for their net cutting down.

If we do, I really hope we spoil the night.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker
              Creighton 65
              Home team or not...surely the end times are upon us. lol :shock:
              I think they cloned Lewis Lloyd
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Has Drake ever been ranked this high before? I think I saw #17 in front of their name last night.

And on the Drake subject. How much of this team can be credited to the Dr. and how much to Keno? I'm guessing the latter has more. He has literally worked a miracle up there in Des Moines and should be rewarded soon for it. That is with a Big 10 job.

Comment

Team rankings (NCAA rankings) shows Drake at #9, but last night's games are not included. They are 19-1 overall, 10-0 MVC.

College basketball picks and predictions, plus NCAA basketball odds, stats, power rankings, strength of schedule, SOS, standings and projections.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
                    Not really, our best hope is for Drake to keep this up then lose in St. Louis. There's no way we get more than 2 in.
                    Drake is basically a lock right now. I think Illinois State would get in if they could reach 20 wins and win a game or 2 in St. Louis.

Comment

Go Drake!
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Drake played in a final four in 1969 (26-5). They lost to UCLA 85-82 in the semi and then hammered UNC 104-84 in the consolation. Willie McCarter was a stud on that team. They reached # 11 at the end of the year.
                        "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
                        which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Although I'm a huge Valley supporter, and would like to see our conference do well in March (with multiple bids),

I must say that most of my focus right now is what we're building at Wichita State.

As for the Valley's chances: Drake needs to run away with the conference title, and lose in the tourney. I'm guessing a team that gets hot down the stretch (Bradley) could knock them out, and provide our second bid to the Dance.

Somehow, this conference has got to find a way to get at least 2 in the dance, and not ever be considered with the other 1-bid leagues. That would be a huge slap in the face of all that has been built over the past 6-10 years.

Comment

Well using the Billy Packer logic of a few years ago we should have earned the right to two bids, becuase in the past few years we have had two teams in the tournament. Doubt though he'd make that arguement for us...

Comment

I guess Drake IS for real...
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X