CBS Updated odds of Winning the National Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS Updated odds of Winning the National Championship

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/22247312/kentucky-is-5-1-favorite-after-wiggins-signs-with-kansas-

S
    hox joins several others at the bottom with 66-1 odds...

edit: Why does Colorado rate 40-1 odds???
    Last edited by jocoshock; May 16, 2013, 11:34 AM.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/22247312/kentucky-is-5-1-favorite-after-wiggins-signs-with-kansas-

S

The Colorado odds are a little bizarre to me. They lost Roberson, and I don't think they have picked up any big time recruits that would make an impact in the new year. I'm a big Colorado fan but I just don't see them having better odds than WSU... or a number of the other 66-1 odds teams.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

S

It's simple. BCS.

Comment

I noticed Creighton at 50-1 has better odds than we do.

Comment

Someone had too much time on his hands. Or her.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
            ?? These were not dreamed up by a CBS sportswriter. They were the opening lines by Bovada. Kentucky has already gone to 4-1. Shockers are holding at 66-1. There of course are 500-1 shots also.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
              My eyes read that as "Someone had too much of his hands on her." :redface-new:
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                They were the opening lines by Bovada. Kentucky has already gone to 4-1.
                Not surprising. I bet there will continue to be a big push of people thinking they are looking at something closer to 50/50 odds with Kentucky. I know if I were a betting man, 5-1 would sure seem like a juicy opportunity to make some money. Kentucky is going to be the biggest preseason favorite we have seen in a long time.

Comment

Maybe I don't understand how this works but as shocker fans/gamblers who understand the potential of next years team, shouldn't we be happy with those odds? I thought you stood to earn more on 66-1 vs 50-1? Seems like a good opportunity to steal some money from Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                    Maybe I don't understand how this works but as shocker fans/gamblers who understand the potential of next years team, shouldn't we be happy with those odds? I thought you stood to earn more on 66-1 vs 50-1? Seems like a good opportunity to steal some money from Vegas.
                    If you are going to do it, now is the time.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

If you are going to do it, now is the time.
                      I believe I saw 80-1 immediately after the tournament. Keep in mind you're probably going to get kinder odds on a site like Bovada rather than betting physically in Vegas.

Comment

?? These were not dreamed up by a CBS sportswriter. They were the opening lines by Bovada. Kentucky has already gone to 4-1. Shockers are holding at 66-1. There of course are 500-1 shots also.
                        Sorry. Thread title threw me for a loop.
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

SI Article mentions the Shocks as favorites to win it all behind Kansas, Louisville, Cuse, Wisconsin, Gonzaga, and Oregon behind us. Not bad.
                          Wichita State (70-1)
                          You can take a roll with the team that nearly took out Louisville in the Final Four and returns multiple starters and a lot of good depth. Fred Van Vleet should be able to slot in for Malcolm Armstead at the point, and guys like Evan Wessel (back from injury) and Tekele Cotton will help fill the scoring void left by Carl Hall. They still have Cleanthony Early and Ron Baker, and the league doesn’t have Creighton in it anymore, so the Shockers should be the preseason favorite in the Valley.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Next season can't come soon enough...
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Next season can't come soon enough...
                              I agree, except for this whole summer thing. I'm going to enjoy that first =)

Comment

Working...
                              X