Missouri State In-Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle

He's got quite a few 20 win seasons to be called mediocre, but I'll concede your point, MSU has peaked.

I like Barry, and he could coach a lot of places for more than what they pay him. MSU will get another coach, pay him more, and get the same results.

Ole Miss hired Houston Nutt, the ex-Arkansas coach (as you may or may not know depending on how closely you follow college football).

Anyway, I was reading an Ole Miss board a few weeks ago and one of their fans commented that they would take 8 wins a year every year all day long. I could only think: no you won't.

You get to 8 wins a year for a while and then you want: bowl wins, then conference championships, then getting into big bowl games, then winning those big bowl games.

I'm of the opinion that people shouldn't tell a fan base whether or not they should want a coach fired. After all, it's their money, time, and emotions invested in that program, not yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
      Originally posted by newshock1234
      It was pretty awesome when HCGM came over after the game and was high fiving the front row of the student section

As a former student, I cannot see how that doesn't make you want to grab 50 of your closest friends and drag them, kicking and screaming if necessary, to every game. Of course, I can't understand how there aren't 1200 students that want to be a part of every home game no matter how we are doing, but that's just me.

If you aren't stoked to be a part of this program, you don't have a competitive bone in your body.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
      I agree Doc, it fustrates me so much! Around class i see KU and Kstate gear on all the time, and in a way it irrtates me. Why would they chose them 2 schools over their very own school where they give their money to get an education. Alot of them are bandwagoners, as the other day in class i overheard someone talking about going to the game, and someone said im not gonna go until they start winning. Then while i was waiting for them to let us in, one of the wsu interns came in with KU stuff on, and i gave him grief about it, and he said KU always comes first. I just wanna tell people like this to move to Lawrence or manhatten. What just irritates the heck out of me about some of our students on campus is you would never see someone root for WSU first that go to KU or kstate. I just wish some of our student are as passionate about this fine university as i am.
      :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• The KU and KSU stuff around campus doesn't bother me nearly as much as seeing kids at OUR games wearing it.

If my kid EVER throws on a KU sweatshirt to go to a WSU game, she won't know what hit her.

And it has little to do with WSU and more to do with common sense.

I wouldn't let her wear a KC Chiefs jersey if we were going to a St Louis Rams game (that the Chefs weren't playing in).

2 kids were near me last night, both under 12. One with a KU jacket and the other with a KSU jacket. I wanted to drop the dad but then I realized he was without male genitalia so I felt bad and stopped.

Comment

• My brother in law is one of these filthy swine. He flunked out of KU but walks around like he has a jayhawk for his penis. It makes me sick. He constantly bad mouths WSU but yet he couldn't pull his head out of his arse to make it at KU.

Back in the day I was walking to class and some kid had a KU hat on in the RSC. Some other guy I had never met before started talking about it and we decided to do something about it. So we walked up to him, took his hat off and threw it in the trash.

That is how you deal with those types.

Comment

• Props to you, Rosewood.
            Props to you.
            Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
            Students > Alumni
            If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
            The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

• I would love to know who the guy was last night (I don't remember what section) with a sign that read "Missouri Valley refs are unfair" ... I was dissapointed that he still had the sign in the 2nd half and was hanging it over the section tunnel entrance. You can say what you want about the refs this and that but that is going too far and is really low class... im sure it also looks really classy on TV if the camera ever panned that area...

That should have been taken away and the guy should have been ejected for the stupidity.

Comment

Working...
              X