Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshall's charity Auction May 4: I donated a "rare" 1981 cup - Battle of New Orlea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall's charity Auction May 4: I donated a "rare" 1981 cup - Battle of New Orlea

Up for charity auction on May 4th will be a "rare" mint/unused yellow cup from the Shockers 1981 Battle of New Orleans with KU. WSU 66, KU 65. This cup has never had any liquid placed in it and is in perfect shape.

I graduated from WSU in 1981 and bought this cup new back then and quietly placed it away. I retrieved it a few years ago. Want this rare cup for your Shocker collection? Attend the auction and place a bid that will help your shockers.

On the pictures notice that the Shocker and Jayhawk emblems have zero wear. The Wheatshocker with his hand around the neck of the Jayhawk is really what you would call an "ANGRY" Wheatshocker. GO SHOCKERS!!

Shocker cup_01.jpgShocker cup_02.jpgShocker cup_03.jpg

Deleted . . .
    Last edited by Rixtoy1; April 23, 2013, 10:02 AM.
    If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

There really needs to be a "Don't like this post" button.............

Comment

Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
        I have one also, but peed in it on the way home from New Orleans - does that increase or decrease the value?
        Has it been emptied since?

Comment

Originally posted by alberts58 View Post
          Up for charity auction on May 4th will be a "rare" mint/unused yellow cup from the Shockers 1981 Battle of New Orleans with KU. WSU 66, KU 65. This cup has never had any liquid placed in it and is in perfect shape.

I graduated from WSU in 1981 and bought this cup new back then and quietly placed it away. I retrieved it a few years ago. Want this rare cup for your Shocker collection? Attend the auction and place a bid that will help your shockers.

On the pictures notice that the Shocker and Jayhawk emblems have zero wear. The Wheatshocker with his hand around the neck of the Jayhawk is really what you would call an "ANGRY" Wheatshocker. GO SHOCKERS!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]769[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]770[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]771[/ATTACH]
          It's definitely appreciated. We think this could be the very best auction ever coming off of the Final Four run.
          ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
          www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Donate angry

Comment

Never looked forward to the auction more than this year. No problem at all skipping the Derby for the auction.

#BidAngry

Comment

I spent well over a grand on crap I didn't need at Rock'n the Roundhouse... I will be bidding on this item however!

Comment

The "Old" WuShock WAS an angry version of our new fan friendlier version. It would be worth it just to see the angry version. What was the final total on the final four autographed bb they had on GoShockers.com? They need to have like a hundred of them all autographed and numbered. I'll bet you could get a thousand bucks apiece for them.

Comment

This is gonna be one helluva auction.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      The "Old" WuShock WAS an angry version of our new fan friendlier version. It would be worth it just to see the angry version. What was the final total on the final four autographed bb they had on GoShockers.com? They need to have like a hundred of them all autographed and numbered. I'll bet you could get a thousand bucks apiece for them.
                      It went for around $3,000 I believe...but considering team signed balls have been selling for under $200 on Ebay, that's a really good total for WSU. Other auctions around town for charities have been selling them for $300 - $1000.

Comment

So Moose where do you have it displayed?

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                          So Moose where do you have it displayed?
                          If you can afford two, here's my vote!

If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

I picked up an old drawing of Wu that somebody at WSU had done....great angry look to him. There are going to be a bunch of fantastic items this year. Get out your debit card folks!

Comment

I have been to every one and this one will probably be the biggest, rowdiest party ever. I would be willing to bet that the alcohol consumed by the jubilant party will surpass that at zoobilee. This will be the fund raiser to end all fund raisers unless next year when we are National Champions it could be a little bigger. Get your tickets and go go go.

Comment

Working...
                              X