Report: Loyola-Chicago to join MVC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omaha_Shock View Post
    This school averages 4K in attendance. Terrible add. Shockers need to bolt.
    Actually, it is worse than that.

In 2011-2012 they averaged 2,277

In 2012-2013 they averaged 2,278
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Yuck... :( Gotta go.....gotta go...Shocks gotta go!!!!!!!!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
        Actually, it is worse than that.

In 2011-2012 they averaged 2,277

In 2012-2013 they averaged 2,278
        http://www.loyolaramblers.com/sports.../teamcume.html
        Guess which game they are most likely to sell out next year, if the do in fact join the Valley.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 13, 2013, 07:54 PM.

Comment

The thing, as was pointed out in another thread, that Loyola offers is a school with deep pockets. Deeper than Creighton, in fact, and and AD that seems committed to start spending some of that money. That's the good news. The bad news is that, while they have had success in lower profile sports, they have yet to do it in high profile sports in a long, long time and they have shown little ability to draw fan support, which is a perpetual problem for college sports in Chicago in general.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

The thing, as was pointed out in another thread, that Loyola offers is a school with deep pockets. Deeper than Creighton, in fact, and and AD that seems committed to start spending some of that money.
            $17K a semester

Comment

I know one game they will sell out next year.....
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

The thing, as was pointed out in another thread, that Loyola offers is a school with deep pockets. Deeper than Creighton, in fact, and and AD that seems committed to start spending some of that money. That's the good news. The bad news is that, while they have had success in lower profile sports, they have yet to do it in high profile sports in a long, long time and they have shown little ability to draw fan support, which is a perpetual problem for college sports in Chicago in general.
                They also add nations #3 TV market to the Valley. If Loyola would make a strong comittment to basketball they at least have the potential to be very helpful to the Valley. While I am not overally excited by this addition it is certainly better than many of the other options. I also like this addition better than I liked UNI many years ago.

DePaul has been tanking for years, Loyola has the potential at least to become the top college basketball team in the Chicago market. If that were to happen, it could be huge for the Valley.

Comment

@SandlapperSpike: IndyStar's @DavidWoods007 says UIC is MVC-bound too. #both?

I'm feeling sick.....Why Doug ????

Comment

If we wanted a private with deep pockets that was willing to invest, we should have went with the one that already has and has actually shown they can be competitive. That was Denver.

I think I'm going to be sick. Loyola brings NOTHING of value to the basketball side of the conference. I'd rather be in the Sun Belt than be affiliated with this collection with the current leadership. I know it's not all on Elgin, but what are the Presidents thinking? I wonder how many votes they got? And I don't care how it may look to others, I pray we didn't vote yes for them. If it makes us look like jerks or not I don't have a ****. This conference is supposed to care about basketball. It's supposed to be one of the top non BcS basketball conferences in the nation. This add does nothing to help support that image.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                      I know one game they will sell out next year.....
                      Since their arena only holds 4500 we might be able to fill it with Shocker fans. It is a pretty easy non-stop flight from ICT to Chicago.

You can get a round trip ticket out of Wichita for around $350 or out of KC for about $200 (or you can drive to Chicago in about 11 hours). The University of Denver, on the other hand, is a little less than an 8 hour drive and non-stop flights from ICT to Denver are around $300. (U of Denver would have been my choice).
                      Last edited by shox1989; April 13, 2013, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
                        @SandlapperSpike: IndyStar's @DavidWoods007 says UIC is MVC-bound too. #both?

I'm feeling sick.....Why Doug ????
                        If that happens, we should all get together and burn down the Valley offices in STL. If we're going to 12, Denver has to be involved. And we don't need two **** schools in Chicago considering neither will do anything to boost the value of the conference in the city.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The Presidents are completely out of touch I think. Look at the guy at Rutgers and how sorry he was at that press conference. But yeah the league presidents and Elgin are all wearing clown shoes tonight. The sad thing is that they probably think they just scored a coup.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                            The Presidents are completely out of touch I think. Look at the guy at Rutgers and how sorry he was at that press conference. But yeah the league presidents and Elgin are all wearing clown shoes tonight. The sad thing is that they probably think they just scored a coup.
                            Do you not understand that Elgin doesn't have a vote? You don't bring any more to this discussion than Loyola brings to the Valley. Please, just stop.

Comment

If this happens MVC < Horizon

Comment

Oh it already happened:

Comment

Working...
                                X