X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Loyola-Chicago to join MVC

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
    http://www.courierpressblogs.com/sports/ue/?p=4295

Announcement of Loyola-Chicago to MVC expected on Friday.
    I think this deserves its own thread.

Doug Elign out did himself again
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Poor Loyola fans, their going to visit our board anticipating to read posts of us welcoming them aboard and they'll leave thinking we're the jerkwads of the Valley. Rambler fans that read our posts, don't take it personal, we're not mad at you, we're mad at Elgin and the knucklehead's who approved this. But we're more upset that the A-10 or MWC hasn't approached us yet.

My two cents, replacing Creighton with another program within the footprint of the Valley was impossible. Loyola is a very fine academic institution but athletically, leave a lot to be desired. With this move, the Valley has no choice but to expand to 12 members with the other two definitely being Denver and the other either Belmont, Valpo, UIC, or Murray State.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
        Poor Loyola fans, their going to visit our board anticipating to read posts of us welcoming them aboard and they'll leave thinking we're the jerkwads of the Valley. Phoenix fans that read our posts, don't take it personal, we're not mad at you, we're mad at Elgin and the knucklehead's who approved this. But we're more upset that the A-10 or MWC hasn't approached us yet.
        They may be more upset with the fact that you don't even know their nickname.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          They may be more upset with the fact that you don't even know their nickname.
          Oh snap! LOL there you have it. I guess I'll look it up and edit my post.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
            Doug Elign out did himself again
            This isn't all on Elgin. University presidents vote for who to invite. It's them who decided Loyola was who they wanted in the conference.

Comment

Welcome to the Valley, third-best team named Loyola!
              Originally posted by BleacherReport
              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

The Ramblers were really Texas Western before Texas Western was Texas Western, atlhough winning a national championship out of Chicago was not as difficult of winning one out of El Paso.

However, with all due respect to the Ramblers and the memory of Jerry Harkness this add, if true, seems underwhelming, but perhaps the Ramblers convinced Elgin and the Presidents that they are ready to make a commitment to grow and strengthen their program.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  This isn't all on Elgin. University presidents vote for who to invite. It's them who decided Loyola was who they wanted in the conference.
                  And it requires a vote of 7 of the 9 Presidents.

Comment

I do like their fight song:

Comment

This school averages 4K in attendance. Terrible add. Shockers need to bolt.

Comment

MVC's Sisters of the Poor should be happy today.

Comment

I came to the conclusion about a month ago that "value added" to the league wasn't going to take place with any available school. Loyola at least has the resources to try and they are willing to pony up it appears to do just that (million out of their league, million into the Valley, just renovated their arena, apparently willing to add baseball). Hopefully the move pays off for them and the Valley and they become a respectable program. Until then who cares? Just hope WSU takes care of business and doesn't get Loyola-ed in conference play.

It's time for WSU to start Gonazaging the crap out of the Valley. Everything else will take care of itself.

Comment

This is really, really bad. We both need to find a way out of this conference. Doug Elgin can't get anything right. Awful.

Comment

What do they possibly have to offer? No baseball, sub .500 basketball record, if 4000 attendance is correct, that's embarrassing. They're not geographically advantageous (though nothing is to Wichita).
                              Chicago is a great place to visit, AFTER Memorial Day.
                              Phi Alpha

Comment

Working...
                              X