Celebration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebration

Wichita State will hold its 2013 Men's Basketball Celebration, Mon., April 15, at Charles Koch Arena, Athletic Director Eric Sexton announced today. 

The celebration will be open to the public and free of charge.

Doors open at 5:30 p.m., and the program starts at 6:30 p.m., with the yearly awards program and comments from host Mike Kennedy, head coach Gregg Marshall, assistant coaches and selected players.

The Spirit Squad, Dance Team and Band will also be recognized. 

The Charles Koch Arena Shocker Locker souvenir shop and concession stands will be open, while the event will also include video highlights from the NCAA Tournament on the video board. 

Due to the volume of requests, coaches and players will not be available for autographs. 

This event replaces the annual banquet.

No excuse is good enough.....get your ass there.

Comment

all that and cheese nachos too.

Comment

Yes. Asses! There!

Comment

bump
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

If everything were about the money they could have held the banquet like they usually do and charged an arm and a leg and still would have filled any venue. This is like them thanking the fans (us, big and small supporters) for our support this year. Thank you

Comment

hmm I have class until 4:40 over in Devlin. Might just mosey on over. Barring we dont have baseball practice.

Comment

I have literally 2 other things that conflict with this... Looks like I'll have to disappoint some people! Go Shocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU View Post
                  Wichita State will hold its 2013 Men's Basketball Celebration, Mon., April 15, at Charles Koch Arena, Athletic Director Eric Sexton announced today. 

The celebration will be open to the public and free of charge.

Doors open at 5:30 p.m., and the program starts at 6:30 p.m., with the yearly awards program and comments from host Mike Kennedy, head coach Gregg Marshall, assistant coaches and selected players.

The Spirit Squad, Dance Team and Band will also be recognized. 

The Charles Koch Arena Shocker Locker souvenir shop and concession stands will be open, while the event will also include video highlights from the NCAA Tournament on the video board. 

Due to the volume of requests, coaches and players will not be available for autographs. 

This event replaces the annual banquet.
                  I am looking forward to this celebration, but I am very disappointed that they won't be available for autographs.

I do hope they have some kind of special final 4 celebration t shirt available for sale at this event.

Comment

Bump

Comment

I hope this is standing room only. Everyone associated deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                        I am looking forward to this celebration, but I am very disappointed that they won't be available for autographs.

I do hope they have some kind of special final 4 celebration t shirt available for sale at this event.
                        I am, too. However, I fully understand that the huge numbers of people that would want autographs wouldn't make it practical. Glad I got my 2012-13 men's poster signed by everyone early in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post

Not trying to sound like an ass but there have been many opportunities to get team autographs this year.

Where have you been?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                            Not trying to sound like an ass but there have been many opportunities to get team autographs this year.

Where have you been?
                            Not on Final Four merchandise which is what I believe he's wanting
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              Not on Final Four merchandise which is what I believe he's wanting
                              Yes, this exactly.

Comment

Working...
                              X