Who are the 2 Red-Shirt Studs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are the 2 Red-Shirt Studs?

Folks, Seth Davis just tweeted this and I got excited. We have a few more Ron Bakers coming up? Who are they is my question? I'm guessing Derail Green (RS) and Kadeem Coleby (transfer sitting out)?

@SethDavisHoops
    4/9/13, 8:48 PM
    Marshall told me he has two redshirts who will be studs RT @rajuenger: will Wichita State's run garner more respect for the MVC next year

Kadeem Coleby and Derail Green.

This is in another thread, but I think these two guys deserve their own thread.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

And Evan Wessel (not a redshirt but might as well be)....
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Best team in the Valley 2013-2014: Wichita State
        2nd Best Team: Wichita State's Bench

Comment

Guess Derail has impressed.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Zach Bush?
            Last edited by shocker1; April 10, 2013, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Kadeem Coleby and Derail Green.

This is in another thread, but I think these two guys deserve their own thread.
              Green is supposed to be a sharp-shooter and I hope his Defense is going to be solid. We are very deep at the 3 position. The more sharp-shooters we have, the better. The Big Dance exhibited the vast importance of bench players that can come in and give a big lift. Our bench will be even better this coming Season IMO.

Coleby may very well be a key shot blocker and after seeing our bigs defend at the Dance, I welcome this with open arms. It was not the Louisville bigs that prevailed because we held them in check better than Michigan did last night. I want us to continue to be a top 10 rebounding team in the Country.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

We have four guess redshirting this year. Coleby seems to be the obvious one. You would assume Green is the other since he's redshirted all year. Bush is a walk-on so I doubt he's the other absolute stud, even though he COULD develop into a player. He's not a typical walk-on but he's also not on the Ron Baker program. The other option would be Wessel who is taking a medical redshirt due to the hand injury.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  We have four guess redshirting this year. Coleby seems to be the obvious one. You would assume Green is the other since he's redshirted all year. Bush is a walk-on so I doubt he's the other absolute stud, even though he COULD develop into a player. He's not a typical walk-on but he's also not on the Ron Baker program. The other option would be Wessel who is taking a medical redshirt due to the hand injury.
                  Spike Bush?
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Wessel and Coleby........ok

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                      And Evan Wessel (not a redshirt but might as well be)....
                      Technically, this year will be a medical redshirt if they get it approved which I would think should not be a problem. Not sure if they have applied for that yet or not.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Technically, this year will be a medical redshirt if they get it approved which I would think should not be a problem. Not sure if they have applied for that yet or not.
                        According to this article from last Friday, it sounds like they have indeed applied for the medical redshirt - Evan Wessel waits for chance to come again

Comment

I hope he meant Green because Wessel is already a known quantity and pretty good. My guess would is he meant Wessel and Coleby.
                          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Wessel was an injured starter. Green and Coleby are who he was referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker1 View Post
                              Zack Bush?
                              I have read that Zach is a very good shooter.

I have no idea, if it is true.
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                              X