2 more things I love about Coach and the team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 more things I love about Coach and the team

Coach is a fellow Red Sox fan and Ramon is distantly related to the late, great Roberto Clemente.
    :yahoo:

You know what I love? I love Famous Dave's spare ribs, J Alexander's salmon............just playing. Seriously though, after today, I love WSU basketball even more.

Muckin' Fizzou has another player who got into some extracurricular activity and done got his jaw broken at 1am outside a Columbia bar. Now, whether it was his fault or he was an innocent bystander is not the issue, the dude should use a little common sense. If I'm the star player on the team and I see 20 people getting in a fight, I'm going to use some sense and tell myself, "walk the other way", instead of acting like a moth gravitating toward the light and walk over to the fight and see what's up.

Mizzou in a year's time has had a player shot in the foot, the coaches son get arrested for a DUI, another dude arrested for possession of a firearm,
    and now this.

We should all be happy that our Shox keep their noses clean, don't get themselves into trouble and uphold the name and reputation of the program and university. If this was happening to the Shox, I'd go bonkers and would be very embarassed.

Despite us losing and having a horrible season, we can all take solice knowing that our team are evidently doing the right things off the court and this is something I think we take for granted. Well done players.

Now, is it baseball season yet?

Comment

Re: 2 more things I love about Coach and the team

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
      Coach is a fellow Sox fan and Ramon is distantly related to the late, great Roberto Clemente.
      :yahoo:
      White Sox, I presume.

Comment

and not just a casual Sox fan, he was reciting stats from the otherwise obscure pitcher Roger Moret's 1975 14-3 season.

Comment

Red Sox I think he said....

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
            You know what I love? I love Famous Dave's spare ribs, J Alexander's salmon............just playing. Seriously though, after today, I love WSU basketball even more.

Muckin' Fizzou has another player who got into some extracurricular activity and done got his jaw broken at 1am outside a Columbia bar. Now, whether it was his fault or he was an innocent bystander is not the issue, the dude should use a little common sense. If I'm the star player on the team and I see 20 people getting in a fight, I'm going to use some sense and tell myself, "walk the other way", instead of acting like a moth gravitating toward the light and walk over to the fight and see what's up.

Mizzou in a year's time has had a player shot in the foot, the coaches son get arrested for a DUI, another dude arrested for possession of a firearm,
            and now this.

We should all be happy that our Shox keep their noses clean, don't get themselves into trouble and uphold the name and reputation of the program and university. If this was happening to the Shox, I'd go bonkers and would be very embarassed.

Despite us losing and having a horrible season, we can all take solice knowing that our team are evidently doing the right things off the court and this is something I think we take for granted. Well done players.

I'm not sure but clevin may well be his (Stephon Hannah) little brother. They share the same last name. Attended the same juco. And if you have seen pictures of both their faces its not a stretch at all to think they could be related.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox

and now this.

The PG that got reconstructive surgery on his face was Stephon Hannah, there starting point guard..... not good.

But I'm with you KC, the grilled salmon at J. Alexanders is one of my favorites. :D
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Yeah I love the fact that Ramon is from some of the bloodline that brought the world Roberto Clemente.

Comment

The Hannah potential connection has been brought up before. As I recall there was no connection between the two other than the same last name.

You know what I love about this team? This team! They're not that talented. They're undersized. There aren't nearly enough of them.

It's not the players fault that the team on the court is undersized and has no depth. The players were put in a position of trying to win games when there aren't many ways to do that with the personnel available.

The W/L record is going to be bad, but I'll remember this team as a team that tried to win when there was almost no way to achieve that. I'll remember Marshall's first year as the year he faced the greatest adversity in his career.

I'm going to be proud of this team and remember them as a great team with a bad result. In lumberjack terms, it's not their fault they're in a logging competition and they've got axes and almost everybody else has chainsaws.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Met HCGM's wife in KC. What a great person, you gotta love that! :good: 8) :posterwsu:
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I zoned out when he was talking about the Sox.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Gotta love the Red Sox.
                        Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

No you don't. Boston or NY. They're both the same.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

^that's absolutely disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
                              Met HCGM's wife in KC. What a great person, you gotta love that! :good: 8) :posterwsu:
                              so how man old people had to whine about Lynn before she started sitting down.
                              "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                              CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Working...
                              X