No announcement yet.

2 more things I love about Coach and the team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to the east coast media, it became trendy to be a Red Sox fan about 10 years ago.

Comment

Coach said he was a fan since he was a kid and his dad instilled it in him.

After last night's post game interview, I am also now rooting hard for the Wichita Wolfpack.

Comment

Originally posted by Harold_Shox
        and not just a casual Sox fan, he was reciting stats from the otherwise obscure pitcher Roger Moret's 1975 14-3 season.
        Well, at least he's not on the bandwagon like most Sox fans, unless he just looked them up. I like coach enough to not let his Red Sox Nation fanhood be a strike on his record :D

Comment

Wow

Originally posted by SubGod22
          No you don't. Boston or NY. They're both the same.
          Good heavens, Sub. I don't care for either one, but I suspect you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone from either place who agrees with your assertion. That's like a New Yorker saying, Lawrence or Columbia, they're both the same (which a New Yorker would probably believe, by the way).

Comment

Visited either town Sub? There are vast differences between the two. You sound like another midwesterner who just throws blind hate to the east coast. It's really no different than easterners who think it's Chicago, California and a vast wasteland in between...ingoarance flows both ways.

Comment

Been to both places. Prefer Boston.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I would wager that Sub was simply refering to either baseball club only and nothing to do with the cities.

Like...........

"Red Sox or Yankees, it doesn't matter. I hate both mega spending giants just the same."

Something like that.......but it's the internet so who knows?

Comment

Sub, are you a Royals fan by chance?

That would explain your dislike of both the Yankees and the Sox.

The Yankees could lose every game for all I care, I think Steinbrenner is a joke.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                    I would wager that Sub was simply refering to either baseball club only and nothing to do with the cities.

Like...........

"Red Sox or Yankees, it doesn't matter. I hate both mega spending giants just the same."

Something like that.......but it's the internet so who knows?
                    DING DING DING DING
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                      Sub, are you a Royals fan by chance?

That would explain your dislike of both the Yankees and the Sox.

The Yankees could lose every game for all I care, I think Steinbrenner is a joke.
                      Yes I am. And as a Royals fan I actually hate NY more. But in the grand scheme of things there isn't really any difference.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

My apologies Sub, for the misunderstanding and false assumption. It’s just that I get tired of broad based generalizations about any group or region. But your point about MLB is well taken, which I agree with BTW.

Comment

I'd never make statements on cities I've never been to. I know I wouldn't want to live in either one but do hope to at least visit them someday. I have a couple of friends who love visiting NY. My parents prefer Boston.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                          X