No announcement yet.

#WATCHUSBELONG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That video, that advertisement ... just shut up and take my money.

Shocker fan for life.

Comment

Underclassmen,

Bring it home next year for the seniors!!

Win the whole damn thing!
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I still have yet to watch the game. I saw the clip of the "jump ball" and I did watch up until the first time out when we were up 8-0.

I did listen to every second via Mike Kennedy. All I know and all I care about is we told each and every Louisville fan that posted on this board that whatever they think about their team they can forget about it.

We were supposed to be run out the building. We couldnt handle the press. We were nothing but a lowly mid major who never faced any competition. Forget about VCU there is no way we were supposed to handle their defensive pressure. We had to shoot 400% from the outside in order to win.

Dear America and the rest of the NCAA BASKETBALL WORLD..

Say something else!

I hate Wichita. I hate Kansas.

Theres only two entities that keep me here.

1. My children
        2. THE Wichita State University SHOCKERS

Comment

I have thought about moving before also, but they don't have Shocker Basketball there so that ain't going to happen!#Shockernation
          I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
            I still have yet to watch the game. I saw the clip of the "jump ball" and I did watch up until the first time out when we were up 8-0.

I did listen to every second via Mike Kennedy. All I know and all I care about is we told each and every Louisville fan that posted on this board that whatever they think about their team they can forget about it.

We were supposed to be run out the building. We couldnt handle the press. We were nothing but a lowly mid major who never faced any competition. Forget about VCU there is no way we were supposed to handle their defensive pressure. We had to shoot 400% from the outside in order to win.

Dear America and the rest of the NCAA BASKETBALL WORLD..

Say something else!

I hate Wichita. I hate Kansas.

Theres only two entities that keep me here.

1. My children
            2. THE Wichita State University SHOCKERS
            marshall (and kresse and jans) came up with a perfect gameplan. the difference for me, as i feared going in, was u. of lou's experience from being in the final four last year, while we relied heavily on two freshman (baker and vanvleet).

Comment

That video of him in the locker room, wow. Makes me want to suit up! But he probably doesn't need a slow, near-sighted, short, tubby, poor shooting 2 guard with questionable knees.

How about for next year's intro video he does a speech along the lines of Dilios' speech at the end of 300? There our enemy huddles, staring into the arena at fifteen brave young Shockers, commanding here a Shocker Nation 10,000 strong and more beyond. Are you satisfied? NO! To victory! AH-OOH!

OK, a little dramatic, but you get my point.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

After the players come onto the floor, a camera needs to cut to Lynn and the kids so they can be acknowledged for all they do and sacrifice for us, and then to Gregg walking down the tunnel.

I'm ready right now....

Comment

I moved away from Wichita when I graduated. They didn't have any Marine bases here. Anyway I was excited and ready to take on the world. Mostly stationed on the east coast and got to see a lot of the big cities and some really neat places. I always looked forward to coming home at Christmas and back to Wichita. After a few years it became very clear to me that the sheer number of people and that a lot of them could really care less about anyone else really was not attractive. Spent some time on the west coast the weather was great but just a little too flakey for this Kansas boy. At the end of 5 years I had a decision to make to either stay in or get out. I interviewed with the FBI and I asked them about the chances of being assigned to the midwest and the reply was "little to none". I got out and moved back to Wichita and my beloved University. I have never regretted my choice even though I could have made more money elsewhere. Even if you do move away you can't ever leave all of Wichita and WSU behind and it will always be there when you come home.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    Mutual Respect:

Wichita State head coach Gregg Marshall walks off the court with Louisville Cardinals guard Peyton Siva after Louisville beat WSU 72-68.
                    I don't know why, but I think that picture is just the coolest.

How often do an opposing coach and player walk off the court back to the locker room together? Like they each know how big a moment is and how great a game they just played and coached.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

The losing coach in tonight's NCAA national championship game will have big shoes to fill when it comes to end-of-the-season speeches.
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        I moved away from Wichita when I graduated. They didn't have any Marine bases here. Anyway I was excited and ready to take on the world. Mostly stationed on the east coast and got to see a lot of the big cities and some really neat places. I always looked forward to coming home at Christmas and back to Wichita. After a few years it became very clear to me that the sheer number of people and that a lot of them could really care less about anyone else really was not attractive. Spent some time on the west coast the weather was great but just a little too flakey for this Kansas boy. At the end of 5 years I had a decision to make to either stay in or get out. I interviewed with the FBI and I asked them about the chances of being assigned to the midwest and the reply was "little to none". I got out and moved back to Wichita and my beloved University. I have never regretted my choice even though I could have made more money elsewhere. Even if you do move away you can't ever leave all of Wichita and WSU behind and it will always be there when you come home.
                        x
                        I agree with Marshall and you. When it comes to things like family, and all of the positive parts of Kansas, the grass isn't always greener somewhere else.

Comment

Great speech by a great coach.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

HCGM is such a great fit in so many ways with WSU. He is not from a heralded coaching tree, with tons of contacts, but instead has had to work and grind his way to get where he is today. I would think that pattern is common with many of us who are WSU alums or students, as well as many who didn't attend WSU, but are staunch supporters.

How many of us have achieved what we have not because of anything being handed to us on a silver platter, but were earned through much blood, sweat, and tears? Personally, I knew my going to college rested largely on my shoulders, because I knew my parents really didn't have income to spare to pay my way. So I worked hard enough to make sure I got scholarships to cover my tuition and fees, and then worked enough in part-time jobs to cover my other expenses. I'm sure the stories are similar for many of us out there. We understand and are used to working hard, never giving up, and just flat out grinding it out at times to get the job done. I believe that makes us have a special appreciation for Coach, his staff, the team, and the way they go to work.
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Blue collar coach for a blue collar community. Perfect fit.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                                HCGM is such a great fit in so many ways with WSU. He is not from a heralded coaching tree, with tons of contacts, but instead has had to work and grind his way to get where he is today. I would think that pattern is common with many of us who are WSU alums or students, as well as many who didn't attend WSU, but are staunch supporters.

How many of us have achieved what we have not because of anything being handed to us on a silver platter, but were earned through much blood, sweat, and tears? Personally, I knew my going to college rested largely on my shoulders, because I knew my parents really didn't have income to spare to pay my way. So I worked hard enough to make sure I got scholarships to cover my tuition and fees, and then worked enough in part-time jobs to cover my other expenses. I'm sure the stories are similar for many of us out there. We understand and are used to working hard, never giving up, and just flat out grinding it out at times to get the job done. I believe that makes us have a special appreciation for Coach, his staff, the team, and the way they go to work.
                                Great post. Agree 100%.

Comment

Working...
                                X