What improvements do we need to make?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What improvements do we need to make?

With the extra money from the Final Four run (and from donations), we should have the ability to upgrade our facilities. What do you think we need to do? I would like:

1. Give Marshall whatever he wants. $2 million base contract, better bonuses? Sure. New private jet? Got it.
    2. Improved lighting for Koch. It would definitely improve the atmosphere to have an advanced lighting system (instant on-off, plus others)
    3. HD Jumbotron? Do we have one already?
    4. New athletic dorms and/or practice facilities.

Anyone have any bright ideas?

Better Nachos are a must n

Comment

Raise assistants' pay.

Sound system that finally can be heard for CKA
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
        Better Nachos are a must n
        A pipedream.
        A school at our level cannot compete with the nacho facilities of big time schools in the Big XII or ACC.

Comment

Halftime shows
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
            Raise assistants' pay.
            This. We have excellent assistants. Raise their pay accordingly.

Better we pay them, the more likely we are to have better assistants beating down their door to replace them. Especially when we're turning assistants into HC's.

Other stuff is nice, but invest in what will get us back to the Final Four. Then we'll have even more money to spend later.

I also think you raise HCGM's salary to a base of $2million a year. I think that happens regardless.
            Last edited by Rlh04d; April 7, 2013, 04:31 PM.
            Originally posted by BleacherReport
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Pipedreams or reality?

Pipedream:
              -Expansion of Koch with a luxury suite mid level and an upper deck that combined would add 2-4K in capacity. Lower ticket prices, larger mass of humanity.

Reality that may or may not be possible in entirety:
              -Package for 3G of roughly $2M - at the very top of the non-power 6 realm.
              -Better assistant pay.
              -Shutters for Koch court lighting.
              -A Koch sound system that doesn't make everyone sound like the teacher from Peanuts.
              -Larger scoreboard/HD screen setup.

Comment

I've never watched Shockervision, but from what I've read on here, it needs to be upgraded to the 21st century.

Comment

Private jet that has a "G" on it
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Team:
                    1. assistant’s pay/benefits
                    2. uniform contract that does not require us to wear the ugly a$$ camo, monochrome, and highlighter jerseys

Fan experience :
                    1. Lights.... Lights …. Lights
                    2. The better master control board that can handle both in game experience and improved Shockers Vision if we are keeping it.
                    3. Better data/phone connections to for all media
                    "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
                      Pipedreams or reality?

Pipedream:
                      -Expansion of Koch with a luxury suite mid level and an upper deck that combined would add 2-4K in capacity. Lower ticket prices, larger mass of humanity.
                      I think that should be the long-term goal. Build up a war-chest over the next five-to-ten seasons with that as the end-goal.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                        A pipedream.
                        A school at our level cannot compete with the nacho facilities of big time schools in the Big XII or ACC.
                        As long as HCGM is here there is no ceiling to how good our Nachos can be. Think out of the box. Just don't think you can throw money at the situation. The solution to this problem lies in recruiting. Let the business school put the Nachos concession out to bid. There have to be some killer Nachos at some really good Mexican restaurant somewhere. Give them the concession for a nice royalty payment to SASO.
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Popcorn thats popped on site not the popped hours ahead of time and bagged in large bags. Extra butter too.

Comment

Forgot. Kraut for the dogs and the dark mustard.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                              I've never watched Shockervision, but from what I've read on here, it needs to be upgraded to the 21st century.
                              Oh my god. +1000

Comment

Working...
                              X