Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He gets a banner eventually. The earliest I could see it happening is after 10 years of coaching or he eclipses the all time win totals.

But he will go there. I said as much before the Ohio state game

Comment

Winthrop also wanted to lock Marshall into a seriously insulting salary. Don't forget that.
      Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
      Students > Alumni
      If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
      The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        You don't retire a coach or player until they have retired.
        So what publication is it printed that says you can't honor the coach during his tenure?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
          How foolish would it look to hang a banner and then he leaves? We'd be the butt of all jokes. Sounds like some the kitties would do.
          I guess we could wait until he leaves and then hang a banner and look desperate.... Please don't leave us, waaaaah. Or we could wait until he retires somewhere else, then hang it. That only makes us look small time. The only other good option is he retires here and that we don't have to force him out. That's a long way to project into the future.

Comment

I think you wait. Marshall is still very young and has a lot of coaching left in him. As great as he is, and as great as this season has been, I think you wait. It'll be up there eventually.

Also, Marshall could very well be the all-time wins leader here in another three seasons. He's 81 wins off from tying it ... would need 27 wins a year over the next three seasons. Tall task, but we've done it the last three. Maybe you hang the banner then? At that point it's not a "we're so satisfied with making the Final Four" gesture and more of just acknowledging him as having had the best coaching career in program history. You raise it as part of the ceremony of him moving into first place all time.
            Originally posted by BleacherReport
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I can get behind a banner for all time wins leader. It is an objective standard that you would be willing do for future coaches if they broke Marshall's mark.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                I can get behind a banner for all time wins leader. It is an objective standard that you would be willing do for future coaches if they broke Marshall's mark.
                Yep. And with Miller already up there as the all-time wins leader, it makes sense. That's already the standard ... I can't imagine not having Marshall there if he breaks that win total.

Interesting to think that FVV, Baker, and Wessel will be the ones that have the shot at getting him there.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                  Plus you have the added factors of longevity and loyalty. 3G has only been here 6 years. He will be appropriately recognized at the appropirate time.

The exciting thing is that I believe Coach Marshall is still growing and improving as a D-1 head coach.

Comment

let's dominate the conference for a decade and get several more NCAA tournaments (possibly a couple more sweet 16s or better) and then we can talk.

Comment

OK - all good points . . .

How about this for a banner as a compromise?

If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                        that's right. 'still not satisfied! especially after last nights game.

bob lutz said simmer down and ejoy it shocker fans- you'll never see something like this again. i'd like to punch bob lutz in his beaker.
                        And we will never see another Lutz again either?

Comment

We have to win an MVC conf tournament. Because as we all know, as said by other progrums, that is how greatness is measured. Not these fluky runs against teams that are suseptible to bad games.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                            We have to win an MVC conf tournament. Because as we all know, as said by other progrums, that is how greatness is measured. Not these fluky runs against teams that are suseptible to bad games.
                            Not to jack the thread, but how does the logistics of the conf tourny play out if we only have 9 teams next year? Does number nine get to stay home?

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                              Not to jack the thread, but how does the logistics of the conf tourny play out if we only have 9 teams next year? Does number nine get to stay home?
                              I would guess whoever finishes last stays home. Or 8 and 9 can play a game to see who faces the 1. Would it be worth one thursday night game?
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'm all for it. A great coach and a great man.

Comment

Working...
                                X