Clear All

Cleo Littleton
    Dave Stallworth
    Antoine Carr
    Cliff Levingston
    Xavier McDaniel
    Ralph Miller
    Gregg Marshall?

Is it time to hang another banner? You would have to put Coach Marshall's contribution up there with any name on that list. Why wait until he is gone? Lets drop that banner at the Final Four celebration next week!

Great coach, too early

Comment

I don't know I kind of like the idea. Why wait?

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
        I don't know I kind of like the idea. Why wait?
        I agree. Hang it when we have the "official" celebration in a week. Will provide motivation for next year and would be fitting the moment--don't wait until next year...it loses its flavor.

Comment

Winthrop wanted to put his name on their court... he left... let's wait...
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

We kept putting everything off For Gene Stephenson. How'd that work out for us?

Comment

They wanted him to sign a contract that he would not leave the program also but that didn't happen either. So what if he does leave in a few years, Ralph Miller left and went to Iowa and he is hanging in the rafters. Do it now!

Comment

You don't retire a coach or player until they have retired.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  You don't retire a coach or player until they have retired.
                  I agree on the players. But those banners, at least as far as the coach goes aren't necessarily "retiring" anything, are they? I think a strong case could be made that HCGM is the greatest coach in Shocker basketball history. He should be up there and the sooner the better.

Comment

Patience my friends.

Comment

simply answer...YOU DONT HANG NO BANNERS TILL LATER...snap out of this guys...aint no one satisfied!! We want more NCAA Banners

Comment

How foolish would it look to hang a banner and then he leaves? We'd be the butt of all jokes. Sounds like some the kitties would do.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                          simply answer...YOU DONT HANG NO BANNERS TILL LATER...snap out of this guys...aint no one satisfied!! We want more NCAA Banners
                          that's right. 'still not satisfied! especially after last nights game.

bob lutz said simmer down and ejoy it shocker fans- you'll never see something like this again. i'd like to punch bob lutz in his beaker.

Comment

Winthrop was trying to name their court after Gregg Marshall, how akward would that have been had they actually did that? You can't get caught up in present emotions. I have no doubt that GM will continue to elevate this program to a level we have never seen before and should he do that (also meaning he will be staying here for a quite some time too), he will earn, deserve and get his banner.

Now, had we won the NCG I say the hell with all that and give him one right now :)

Comment

Yep, putting a banner up at this point would be pretty small time. Does Butler have a banner for Stevens? No, they don't. KU doesn't have a banner for Self. To put up a banner now would be a signal that we are satisfied with what we've done.

Well folks, we ain't done yet. This is only the beginning. Marshall will have his banner in Koch some day, but it's going to be there because he accomplished a hell of a lot more than just one Final Four.
                              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                              X