I'm So Sick....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm So Sick....

For all the hype with L'Ville and being a 10+ pt fav in Vegas. WSU was probably a slightly better team. It was no fluke that WSU got to the FF and it was no fluke that they led this game for most of 36 minutes. Not sour grapes, L Ville is a great team but they caught the breaks today and won. If they play 10x's shocks win 6. I always thought just getting to the FF would be enough but this loss makes me sick because we had "it". On to next year, WSU has a bunch of talent coming back but they will miss Carl and Malcom. It was a great run to ATL and I think it can be repeated but this loss will keep me awake at night......Cya next year, Im out
    Last edited by WillieJeffJeffries; April 7, 2013, 07:31 AM.

I would likely see it the same way were I you. And your team is as good as any that Louisville played this year. But you got us on, from my view, one of our worse (if not the worst) performance of the season. Still, hell of a job. Congrats on a great season. Expect your guys to be in the hunt again next year.

Comment

Originally posted by erudited View Post
      I would likely see it the same way were I you. And your team is as good as any that Louisville played this year. But you got us on, from my view, one of our worse (if not the worst) performance of the season. Still, hell of a job. Congrats on a great season. Expect your guys to be in the hunt again next year.
      Funny, that's exactly what everybody we have played in the NCAA has said. I wonder why that is. Maybe you should listen to your Head Coach and you might learn something.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 7, 2013, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Gee, that's now five straight teams we've played that had their "worse performance of the season". I guess it's just something in the water. Because surely it couldn't be that our Shockers were a factor in those performances.

Comment

But you got us on, from my view, one of our worse (if not the worst) performance of the season.
          All due respect to your team, but Pitt, Gonzaga, La Salle, Ohio State, and now Louisville fans have said that exact same thing.

At what point is "the worst performance of the season" because our team forced you to play like that rather than just some happenstance thing we lucked into? You don't have five teams in a row have one of their "worst performances of the season" without the most phenomenal luck in the world. You played bad because our defense made you play bad. Same thing we did to everyone else. You won, and all due respect for that, but your guys didn't just play bad by chance.

I said going in we were going to be the best defense you played all year, and we were. You won, because you're a tremendous team. But you barely won, and that's because these Shockers are also a tremendous team.
          Originally posted by BleacherReport
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I'll have more to offer later, but I was approached by no less than 100 Cardinal faithful after the game (and that number could be low) who could not gush enough about how good our team is, how well coached they are, and how they almost felt guilty about winning.

Our team stood toe to toe with argueably the best team in the country, on the biggest stage in the world and battled like warriors and it was almost enough.

Words CANNOT describe the pride I feel in being a Shocker right now. I wish there was something I could do do or say to properly convey that to the team and program I love so much. You guys will always be Champions.

Comment

Louisville fans I talked to said the same thing. They were out preprapered, out hustled and out played for most of the game. Lots of folks telling me the mutual love our coach and fans have for each other will keep us rolling for years to come.

This is a sad day only because I don't get to see my guys get to play for what they deserve Monday. Otherwise I couldn't he happier to be a part of this ride.

Oh and Doc thanks for taking my picture yesterday.

Comment

Both teams made each other look off their game last night. Both teams had players with disappointing games. It was like a 15 round heavyweight fight. Shox led on points and rounds and looked to have the game in hand. Louisville came off the ropes landed some punches late that staggered us and they won the split decision.

I personally don't want to speculate on who would win the best of seven. I just want to play a best of seven or the next 3-4 years. Once again, tip of the hat to Louisville. Pulling for them on Monday. Can't wait for next year.
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

No offense, but I can't imagine after what happened yesterday that Louisville and Rick Pitino would want anything to do with playing
                  Wichita State again.

Comment

LOL ... I think Wichita State had a helluva lot to do with that -- ask your coach and the Cards players and they will say the same thing. Dumb Cards fan.:playful:

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
                      No offense, but I can't imagine after what happened yesterday that Louisville and Rick Pitino would want anything to do with playing
                      Wichita State again.
                      No offense taken. Totally understandable. We deal with that constantly. Would be some great game though...
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
                        Wichita State again.
                        On nat'l TV who knows. Big vs. small? Who knows?

Comment

I listened to ESPN radio this morning around 6:45. The host was a man named O'Connor. Another person was on the show along with Bruce Pearl. All three gushed over Wichita State and its performance. Pearl said, "That was not a mid-major team on the floor. That was a high major team."
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Some coaches want to play the best to be the best. Some others don't, using the "nothing to gain" mantra. Pitino seems like the former - just sayin'.

Comment

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!!!

You're still one of those ignoramuses who only judge and discredit a team by their conference affiliation and what the name says on the front of their jersey. You played like crap for 33 minutes of the game because we forced you to. Not because you had a bad day. I could turn around and use that same lame excuse.

Let's see, let me pretend to be like you: We would have won if Malcom Armstead didn't have a bad day by going 1 for 10 and scoring 10 points below his season average. We were down a starter whom we lost back in December. One of our players who has been battling nagging knee and hip injuries the past two months (Demetric Williams). Had he been 100 percent, the fastest guy on our team would certainly have contributed to a better defensive effort.

But I'm not going there, we lost the game because 7 of our 11 turnovers came within the last minutes of the game. We missed key three pointers and free throws and our defense failed to keep track of where your hot shooters were on the court. We didn't have a bad day, you made plays toward the end and we didn't. We didn't make the basketball plays we needed to to hold onto the game. Unless you were like the 1976 undefeated Indiana basketball squad, you can't use that lame ass, we didn't play well or had our worst game of the year, excuse because your team is not perfect and is quite beatable.

Comment

Working...
                              X