Tekele Cotton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
    The great thing I love about these debates is that nobody is right or wrong. Although all conjecture, it is virtually impossible to go wrong with any of the combinations. And as far as who is better than whom, well good luck guys there are simply too many tangibles and intangibles which enter into making a clear decision. And just one example of many, is who were their team mates and did they atract or distract from their greatness.
    And who was there coach.

Comment

• Winningest Shocker evah --108. And counting. Very cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
        Winningest Shocker evah --108. And counting. Very cool.
        I sure wish he hadn't sat out the entire game vs Newman. Although not D-1 game, I believe it would have counted in these school records.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          I sure wish he hadn't sat out the entire game vs Newman. Although not D-1 game, I believe it would have counted in these school records.
          I believe they are counting it. He was on the roster, just didn't play.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
            I believe they are counting it. He was on the roster, just didn't play.
            I didn't know, but I just saw this on eagle Shocker Game Report
            Wichita State senior guard Tekele Cotton played in his 108th victory, making him the program leader. He passed Demetric Williams, who played from 2009-13.
            WSU had considered Williams the career leader with 111 victories. However, research last week revealed that Williams sat out four games with injury, bumping him back to 107. Toure Murry (98), Garrett Stutz (97) and David Kyles (94) rank behind Williams. They played from 2008-12.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• Research? Yeah right. Probably more along the lines of reading Shockernet.net

WSU had considered Williams the career leader with 111 victories. However, research last week revealed that Williams sat out four games with injury, bumping him back to 107.

Comment

• In the past four seasons, WSU has won 110 games. Tekele has credit for 108 wins. He sat out the Newman game this year. Any idea what the other game was?
                78-65

Comment

I didn't know, but I just saw this on eagle Shocker Game Report
                  I hadn't seen that. I believed we all knew at the time they gave him the 111 that he had not played in all those games.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                    In the past four seasons, WSU has won 110 games. Tekele has credit for 108 wins. He sat out the Newman game this year. Any idea what the other game was?
                    goshocker.com stats show Cotton only sitting one game, Newman.

Comment

goshocker.com stats show Cotton only sitting one game, Newman.
                      When I did this research 3 days ago (http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...l=1#post535737) I found Tekele had missed two games.

In Tekele's freshman year (2011-12) the Shocks played 33 game going 27-6. Tekele played in 32 games including all 6 losses. I did not look to see which winning game specifically he missed.

P.S. Found it. Tekele did not play in the Shockers 67-66 win in Evansville on January 4, 2012.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 25, 2015, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Research? Yeah right. Probably more along the lines of reading Shockernet.net
                        I'd love to see the info get cited by the athletic department and have it say research via Turd Ferguson would indicate he sat 4 games. Or via notable source, Kung Wu or how about Tyrone Shoelace.

Who actually posted it the other day anyway? Was it you?

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                          I'd love to see the info get cited by the athletic department and have it say research via Turd Ferguson would indicate he sat 4 games. Or via notable source, Kung Wu or how about Tyrone Shoelace.

Who actually posted it the other day anyway? Was it you?
                          Yes. It was me. http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...l=1#post535737

I suppose looking it up or seeing it on Shockernet.net could be considered research. In any case the Eagle article just said "research last week" it did not say who did the research.

BTW, Tekele did not play in the Shockers 67-66 win in Evansville on January 4, 2012 in addition to the Newman game this year.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 25, 2015, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• On Senior Night, we absolutely must see a montage of all of Tekele's SC-worthy dunks. Without it, there will be no justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              On Senior Night, we absolutely must see a montage of all of Tekele's SC-worthy dunks. Without it, there will be no justice.
                              We will have to start the festivities early if we are to do that.

But, perhaps it can be arranged. We would all have plenty of time if we were arriving in time for GameDay.

Comment

• Where do you find yesterday's top plays from ESPN?

Comment

Working...
                                X