No announcement yet.

Tekele Cotton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotton's Freshman year, I wasn't able to watch too many games, but I will always remember thinking that he contributed quite a bit for a guy that you didn't really hear much about when he was recruited. But talk about a guy that just showed up, worked his ass off and went about his business.

Look forward to him being in the Shocker HOF.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• My favorite Shocker. Granted, I love Baker and VV, but Cotton has always been my favorite on this squad--a supreme athlete with a humble heart. He reminds me of Barry Sanders: he could awe you with his talent but never boasted about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
        My favorite Shocker. Granted, I love Baker and VV, but Cotton has always been my favorite on this squad--a supreme athlete with a humble heart. He reminds me of Barry Sanders: he could awe you with his talent but never boasted about it.
        Well said.

Comment

• Tekele was interviewed after the Missouri St. game and Mike specifically asked him about his finger; Tekele said it was getting better, however still swollen and bothering him. He wasn't complaining, just answering Mike's question. He's one tough humble player and I'll be forever grateful for being able to watch him play. The Barry Sanders reference is spot on.

I'm confident we'll have some great players in the future; just not sure we'll ever have a trio like Tekele, Fred and Ron with off the chart talent and character. Please don't wake me from my dream.
          Last edited by WstateU; January 23, 2015, 08:58 PM.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
            I get a little teary just thinking about Tekele leaving.
            😢😢😢😢😢😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Comment

• Imagine if you will a starting line up of Van Vleet, Baker, Cotton, McDaniel, Carr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                Imagine if you will a starting line up of Van Vleet, Baker, Cotton, McDaniel, Carr.
                Who comes off the bench? Jamar Howard adds some more toughness & they keep in line, maybe hall, definitely Levinson & Sherrod.
                Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
                  Who comes off the bench? Jamar Howard adds some more toughness & they keep in line, maybe hall, definitely Levinson & Sherrod.
                  Ummm.....how about Stallworth and Armstrong/Jabali. Yes, they're from an older era, but both would have been two of the greatest/best players in any era.

Comment

• Cotton has really developed as a player here. So many times he has made a big shot for us at times we really needed it. How many times has he guarded our foes star players and held them to a mild roar. Cotton plays hard on both sides of the court and has made a positive impact for us and he is not done yet.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      Ummm.....how about Stallworth and Armstrong/Jabali. Yes, they're from an older era, but both would have been two of the greatest/best players in any era.
                      Stall worth would not be coming off the bench. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol skool View Post
                        Stall worth would not be coming off the bench. Lol
                        This is all obviously silly and just for fun, but I don't think Stallworth starts over McDaniel or Carr.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                          This is all obviously silly and just for fun, but I don't think Stallworth starts over McDaniel or Carr.
                          Stallworth would be the first player on the court; the other four positions would be open!

Comment

Stallworth, IMO, is still the greatest Shocker in history, even greater than X. I draw this conclusion, not from my own observations, but from observations of those that saw them both (that's an admitted possible flaw in my rankings having never seen The Rave). Carr is third. The debate gets pretty good after that.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              Stallworth, IMO, is still the greatest Shocker in history, even greater than X. I draw this conclusion, not from my own observations, but from observations of those that saw them both (that's an admitted possible flaw in my rankings having never seen The Rave). Carr is third. The debate gets pretty good after that.
                              Eh, I've said it on here before. I always have a bias toward more recent players. I tend to think All Americans in the 80s were better than All Americans in the 60s. I'm not particularly interested in rehashing that debate.

Again, it's all obviously silly. This thread is about Cotton and in all likelihood if HCGM found himself with FVV, RB, Cotton, X, Stallworth, and Carr on the same team, Cotton is the one on the bench to start.

Comment

Eh, I've said it on here before. I always have a bias toward more recent players. I tend to think All Americans in the 80s were better than All Americans in the 60s. I'm not particularly interested in rehashing that debate.

Again, it's all obviously silly. This thread is about Cotton and in all likelihood if HCGM found himself with FVV, RB, Cotton, X, Stallworth, and Carr on the same team, Cotton is the one on the bench to start.
                                Possibley, but who knows. Comparing players then and now is impossible. Some "special" players would have been great in any era, but for the most part players across the board have gotten better over the years and it's hard to know who would be "special" now. I know in the present day TC is one of the reasons why we are where we are today. He has won many games for us, including hitting a shot that got us to a final four. In the words of Reggie Miller "THAT'S HUGE!".
                                “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                                -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Working...
                                X