No announcement yet.

Thanks Shock Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone else noticed that the band is mic'd?

Comment

Wow that is strange. I mean I would jump to be playing in the band if I had that kind of opportunity. oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
        Wow that is strange. I mean I would jump to be playing in the band if I had that kind of opportunity. oh well.
        No doubt.

Hey bone, do you need any alto players? 8)

Comment

I know a DJ who constantly says every game he goes to he wants to jump there and help you guys out.

just say the word!!

Comment

Acutually the one I am talking about is the
            "Nu, Nu, Nu, nuh nuh,
            nu, nu, nu, nuh nuh,
            nu, nu, nu, nuh nuh.
            Nu-nu-nu!
            And the the crowd chants "Let's go Shocks", (or "Go big red", or "Go big blue", or whatever). This one is so overused and unoriginal from years gone by that it does absolutely nothing to get me fired up during a time out. I would much prefer the good 'ole Shocker fight song with the "Rip 'em up, Tear 'em up, Give 'em Hell Shocks" anyday!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
              I did notice (several games back, I believe) and commented to my wife how much better the band does sound by being mic'd.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock-Til-U-Drop
                Originally posted by RoyalShock
                I did notice (several games back, I believe) and commented to my wife how much better the band does sound by being mic'd.
                You do hear the saxophones more, but I don't know if that's a good thing. This is coming from a former WSU saxophone major who would rather not hear saxophones than hear them out of tune.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

What I notice is that it creates a bit of an echo.

I usually hear the saxes, too, but the drums come through quite a bit.

Overall it's probably a little better.

Comment

"Nu, Nu, Nu, nuh nuh,
                    nu, nu, nu, nuh nuh,
                    nu, nu, nu, nuh nuh.
                    Nu-nu-nu!
                    And the the crowd chants "Let's go Shocks", (or "Go big red", or "Go big blue", or whatever). This one is so overused and unoriginal from years gone by that it does absolutely nothing to get me fired up during a time out. I would much prefer the good 'ole Shocker fight song with the "Rip 'em up, Tear 'em up, Give 'em Hell Shocks" anyday!
                    Go shocks go. It is played quite a bit, but I fear the responses I would get (not just on here) if we didn't play it.

Comment

Originally posted by boneshock
                      "Nu, Nu, Nu, nuh nuh,
                      nu, nu, nu, nuh nuh,
                      nu, nu, nu, nuh nuh.
                      Nu-nu-nu!
                      Go shocks go. It is played quite a bit, but I fear the responses I would get (not just on here) if we didn't play it.
                      I agree it HAS to be played. While I feel like there is more "pump me up" kind of songs thats just one that again HAS to be played.

Maybe I missed it I heard no 7 Nation Army last night :cry:

Comment

I too don't like the present sound settings. I sit catty-corner (sp?) from the band in Section 102 and I often times hear two sounds, the original form the band then the echo from the system and it sounds rather crummy when this occurrs. First and foremost, I love the band and really hate when they play soundtracked music. Heresy I say!

Go Shocks!!!!
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                        X