In MT's head....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In MT's head....

A few times over this past week I have thought about Mark Turgeon and what he is currently thinking about our success. Can you imagine what he might be thinking if we win a National Championship? I liked MT and did my share of defending him during the rough patches. But I always felt like he thought deep down that our advance to the Sweet 16 was a fluke and would be difficult to replicate. I also felt like when we were ranked #8 in the country that he was embarrassed because he didn't believe that we earned that ranking. Now after he's taken two more jobs for larger bcs programs and hasn't achieved near the same level of success you have to wonder if he's trying to comprehend the how's and why's.

Sure he is. Wouldn't you?

He probably also is taking some pride into getting the program out of the sewer to the point we could attract someone like HCGM as our next coach.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      Sure he is. Wouldn't you?

He probably also is taking some pride into getting the program out of the sewer to the point we could attract someone like HCGM as our next coach.
      Naw, he's a jealous little b!tch at this point.

Comment

Lutz tweeted that he ran into Turg in ATL and there will be a story in Saturdays paper. Said he was very happy for the Shox.
        I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Trust me when I say that Coach Turgeon and his entire family are actively cheering for the Shocks.
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Turgeon is kind of like a battlefield surgeon. Stitch em up. Get them ready to airlift to a more stable environment to recover, then move on.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I'm grateful MT got us back on the map, but he always said things like "at this level." I'm sure he's happy for us, but he's more surprised than anything. 3G is a true believer and a better recruiter.

Comment

I'm stealing this line, but someone described the difference between MT and HCGM as this:

Mark saw what the program wasn't, Gregg sees what the program can be. (or words to that effect)

Comment

I love Turgeon for everything he did to bring this program back.

I hate Turgeon for the state he left this program in when he abandoned us.

I'm happy for him with the success he's having at Maryland and wish him the best of luck in the future because of the first.

I openly laughed at him for losing in the semi-finals of the NIT for the second.

He is absolutely happy for us with the success we're currently having.

He's also incredibly confused about how we're having more success than him and how Marshall is making more money than him "at this level" this year and into the future.

We had a ceiling with Turgeon ... if not because of Turgeon's ability, then because of his mindset. We don't have that ceiling with Marshall. I think everything turned out best for all involved.
                  Originally posted by BleacherReport
                  Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                    A few times over this past week I have thought about Mark Turgeon.
                    That was your first mistake.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Always will have love for MT. He came in just in time to resurrect this program from the ashes and the counts for a lot. Without MT and what he did for the program, we don't get a sniff from GM. He made the program attractive again and that cannot be dismissed. He didn't exactly leave the the program in best of shape but that is not entirely his fault, the key recruits we had coming in chose not to honor their letter of intent. We all know players sign for coaches, unless you are a blueblood program, they do not sign for the university.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                        Trust me when I say that Coach Turgeon and his entire family are actively cheering for the Shocks.
                        Turgeon is a good guy.

Comment

MT did tons of good things for the program and in my opinion, criticism about him for everything but the Bowles issue is misplaced. He didn't think the Sweet 16 was a fluke and he wasn't embarrassed by a #8 ranking. To think otherwise is nucking futs.

Comment

Having been in school and around the athletic department at the time of the change from R. Smithson to MT, I find it hard to bash Turgeon for what he did. He did alot for the program and made it possible to get HCGM. Without MT, we have no HCGM. I believe that he is truly happy for WSU and hopes that they keep it up.

He will get to a good point someday with Maryland. It just takes time.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                              Having been in school and around the athletic department at the time of the change from R. Smithson to MT, I find it hard to bash Turgeon for what he did. He did alot for the program and made it possible to get HCGM. Without MT, we have no HCGM. I believe that he is truly happy for WSU and hopes that they keep it up.

He will get to a good point someday with Maryland. It just takes time.
                              I agree. He's off to a good start. Smacking Dook twice is definitely an achievement.

Comment

Working...
                              X