Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MVC/Big 12 doubleheader at the Sprint Center next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC/Big 12 doubleheader at the Sprint Center next year?

Elgin supposedly pushing for it and we are one of the teams.

The games would be MVC against Big 12? Or MVC games and then Big 12 games?

Comment

I hope this is a real thing, not him just trying to look like he's actually doing his job.

Comment

If this doesn't get pulled off, I would like to see a Creighton-WSU game in Kansas City next year.

Comment

We will now be able to make a list of B12 schools who refuse to play a F4 team - if that F4 team is a "mid major".

The Oklahoma schools are a possibility. The Texas schools aren't very good and might not give the top end of the Valley competitive games.

If you think any of the Kansas B12 schools would go for this - even if they were guaranteed an ESPN TV spot simulcast on CBS and a $10 mill guarantee, then you probably don't understand the dynamics of basketball in Kansas.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I would think MSU or Drake would be the other team. Maybe we play Iowa State and KState plays Drake or MSU.

Iowa State makes sense.

Just guessing.

Comment

KSU will crack before KU does on scheduling us. They're the ones who will be squeezed out first when it comes to recruiting battles, and I'm sure the Bakerpalooza in the press has them uneasy as hell about their "lock" on rural Kansas prospects. A win against us would allow them to reassert themselves...much like Washington State cracked first on scheduling Gonzaga. Of course, we saw how that played out. Pwnage.

I could see them consenting to this if orchestrated perfectly. Not likely, but possible.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                If this doesn't get pulled off, I would like to see a Creighton-WSU game in Kansas City next year.
                We have Final Four level cache now. I don't wanna be wasting that on mediocre Big East teams that are trending downward.

Honestly, we can and should get better games than Creighton, especially with this run. Let's think bigger and better people. Creighton is yesterday's news, that's been sitting on the couch the last two weeks.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

In case you haven't been paying attention, Doug Elgin is Gregg Marshall's BIGGEST fan right now. Doug doesn't strike me as the type to talk about something that isn't going to happen.

I'm confident he'll get this done, but I have no idea with whom...I would suspect Missouri State, but that's nothing more than a guess.

Comment

Wichita State - TCU set for next year....

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneShocker View Post
                      Source or are you just making **** up?

That doesn't excite me but it's better than buying a Koch beatdown.

Comment

He's making **** up.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneShocker View Post
                          That joke came to my mind the minute I saw the thread topic.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Even Elgin said these talks are very early in the process. If it happens, I don't expect to see either KS team involved. Iowa State does make a lot of sense. One of the OK schools could work. I'd be okay playing any of those three. We already may have a shot at Texas next year.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Drake or MSU? No no no..WSU will play KU and KSU in both ends of the DH:wsu_posters:

Comment

Working...
                              X