Driving to Atlanta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Well the Kung Wu Superfan Locomotive is leaving the station tomorrow morning. Per @OTR Shockfan: we will be heading the southern route with a layover in EAST Memphis.

Final destination is a hotel we have stayed at before and loved it: Marriott Marquis, which is only about 1.5 miles from the Georgia Dome.

Actually Google says it's 1.6 miles, but 23 minutes away. Are you serious?!
    If you have time try out the Rendezvous for BBQ in Memphis. I think its on Beale street which is unique also.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
      If you have time try out the Rendezvous for BBQ in Memphis. I think its on Beale street which is unique also.
      Yes, Beale Street is a must if you have time to spend. It would be a nice place for dinner if you can make it. Lots of eateries around there.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

When going to Florida I like to go around Dallas. Although it does look like its longer miles when going to atl than going through KC. I remember going to stl for the tourney that there wasn't much construction for that stretch.

Comment

The Doc Express is also departing early tomorrow. Don't make me flash my brights at you @Kung Wu:!

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
            Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
            Yes, Beale Street is a must if you have time to spend. It would be a nice place for dinner if you can make it. Lots of eateries around there.
            Good lookin' out. I'll check into Beale Street.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              The Doc Express is also departing early tomorrow. Don't make me flash my brights at you @Kung Wu:!
              I'll be the one with a yellow flag flying off the window!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                I'll be the one with a yellow flag flying off the window!
                Drive safe! I'll wave to you boys from 30,000 feet... :)
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'll be down south of Birmingham steering everyone that missed their turn up to Atlanta. You'll notice me with the big Mike the Tiger truck!

Hope LSU doesn't miss him.

Comment

Drive to Morrilton thurs nigth, play golf in hot springs on friday, stay in birgmingham friday night, drive to atlanta saturday golf in atlanta sunday, monday, watch Shockers win National Championship monday night! That's gonna be my weekend
                    "Saw things so much clearer once you were in my rearviewmirror"

Comment

I'm a little late to this thread but that first route is the way to go. And West Memphis has some amazing BBQ. Stop there and enjoy.

Comment

Leaving tomorrow evening after work. Driving to Russellville, AR. Then driving from there to Atlanta Friday! Spending Saturday taking it all in....Bracket Town....and then the game!
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

If you're taking the southern route, don't forget to stop for a brief respite at the Toad Suck Park area in Arkansas...... okay, so who sat in on that county commission meeting

Comment

Originally posted by rearviewmirror View Post
                            Drive to Morrilton thurs nigth, play golf in hot springs on friday, stay in birgmingham friday night, drive to atlanta saturday golf in atlanta sunday, monday, watch Shockers win National Championship monday night! That's gonna be my weekend
                            Dang. Somebody take my wife so I can go with this guy.

Comment

You can count on the Highway Patrol being out in force in GA for Friday and the entire weekend/tournament.

Comment

leaving tonight after work and going to do it Blues Brothers style... full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it'll be dark and we'll be wearing sunglasses....HIT IT!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X