• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garretts Confidence

Had a nice discussion with Garrett.
    heres a few quotes from it.

"I would do anything to play tonight."

"I am convinced that my sophomore year we will be the best team in the state."

The kids got a great head on his shoulders.
    He seems so confident.
    I love it.

Just figured id share that.
    "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
    CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

He looks friendly. I was a few rows back when he came to the student section, so I didn't get to talk to him, but he looks like a great kid.

I can hardly wait to see him in the black and gold...
    Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
    Students > Alumni
    If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
    The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Re: Garretts Confidence

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox

He seems so confident.
      I love it.

damn, that is the type of swagger HCGM demands. No offense to this years team, but we need people with a little "bad" in them. Get extremely pumped before the game, and show teams that they aint gonna come THE CHUCK and get a win.
      ________
      Ferrari f1/87
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

I think he's right. And I do agree with his assessment by his sophomore year. It's nice to hear that he understands that although he will bring much needed help to the team next season, he won't be the dominating presence I anticipate he will by his sophomore season when he has added some more muscle and has more experience.

Comment

From what has been said, he already is working on building up his strength and adding some pounds. If he just improves every year, like Paul Miller did, it will be all good.

Comment

Re: Garretts Confidence

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox

He seems so confident.
            I love it.

Thats what I'm talking about! Hi Ho Silver! :goshocks: 8)
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Garrett did also say he also talks to Toure, Clevin, and David on a regualr basis. He said he plans on going to Hutch to watch Clevin play in the Juco national tourney.
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

After the last game for our season's over, can't Clevin, T, David, and Garrett go to Koch and start training here the day after or do they have to wait until the whole cbb season is over?

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                  Garrett did also say he also talks to Toure, Clevin, and David on a regualr basis. He said he plans on going to Hutch to watch Clevin play in the Juco national tourney.
                  That's very cool! I'm glad to see they may be starting to form bonds of friendship. One of the great things about our 2006 team is that they had great chemistry. It'd be nice to see that in the next recruiting class.

Comment

I believe they have to wait until the Spring semester is officially over. Garrett said the first he can officially get here, then that will be the day he will arrive and then he will start lifting weights and training.
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                      After the last game for our season's over, can't Clevin, T, David, and Garrett go to Koch and start training here the day after or do they have to wait until the whole cbb season is over?
                      There's nothing that says that can't come here and play pickup games with them though. Those aren't organized by the coaches and the coaches have no say (per the rules) in what happens. So GS can come down here any day and play a pickup game and make himself better.

Comment

I like his attitude!!! Bonding with the others is great, many teammates end up being friends their whole lives. He sounds like a great young man, and I can't wait to see him play.

Comment

I like his attitude as well. Looking forward to seeing Garrett and all the other new recruits for next year.

Comment

Through the years, I have visited Hutch Sports Arena to watch the Juco Nationals.. It is very entertaining for we basketball junkies. Lots of Head Coaches "happen by" to recruit and the games are exciting to watch.

As far as this recruiting class, it may be our "Fab 5-7 player best" for decades. The 4 mentioned above is awesome. But if EO gets here, and we add a couple more, we will be groovin!!! Our "corner stone" recruit as HCGM calls him, GS appears to me to be the real deal. The fact that these 4 are already developing a friendship bond is very impressive.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                              This, I like. Mucho!

Camaraderie is damn near priceless in team play.

Thanks for the put.

Comment

Working...
                              X