No announcement yet.

WSU VS. LOUISVILLE PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been to Louisville a few times on business. Have seen the campus and watched Louisville bball games at nearby bars with their fans. Have grown to like them a little over the last 5+ years. The community really gets behind them in a similar fashion as the Shocks. I really hope we can win. In fact the last two days I have woke up after literally dreaming we won the championship! I had that feeling of excitement then realized the games hadn't been played yet!

Shockers 62
    Cardinals 60

Comment

• Dana O'Neil and Andy Katz make some good points regarding our mentality. Nobody's giving us a chance this game and this team seems to thrive on that viewpoint...

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

#PlayAngry
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Have you been to their scout board? It's 99% Ware injury threads. And rightfully so, I suppose. If the team is half as distracted by it as their fan base, that's probably not good for them. And as much as Pitino tries to warn them, I still have a feeling the players will once again underestimate us like Gonzaga and Ohio State. Hopefully, by the time they realize what's hit them, we'll be up 15.

Comment

• Lots of opinions and analysis. Over the years I have found that the Vegas odds are the most dependable source of team strengths. Being a 2-5 point dog is one thing but a 10 point dog is another. This tells me we are probably in for a spanking. This is not to say an upset isn't possible but we will HAVE to bring our A game and our defense will have to force them into a C or below game. Don't like being negative but realistically I see an LU win. I'll say 67-55 LU but am hoping for a delicious plate of crow.

Comment

• Originally posted by garylee View Post
            Lots of opinions and analysis. Over the years I have found that the Vegas odds are the most dependable source of team strengths. Being a 2-5 point dog is one thing but a 10 point dog is another. This tells me we are probably in for a spanking. This is not to say an upset isn't possible but we will HAVE to bring our A game and our defense will have to force them into a C or below game. Don't like being negative but realistically I see an LU win. I'll say 67-55 LU but am hoping for a delicious plate of crow.
            I can't disagree with your assessment, but I'm fully prepared to cook said crow for you. (Having become quite the "crow" afficianado over the years myself.)

Comment

• Originally posted by garylee View Post
              Lots of opinions and analysis. Over the years I have found that the Vegas odds are the most dependable source of team strengths. Being a 2-5 point dog is one thing but a 10 point dog is another. This tells me we are probably in for a spanking. This is not to say an upset isn't possible but we will HAVE to bring our A game and our defense will have to force them into a C or below game. Don't like being negative but realistically I see an LU win. I'll say 67-55 LU but am hoping for a delicious plate of crow.
              Remember - the Las Vegas line is not based on how experts think the game will go. It is based on what the experts think is needed to get the money bet evenly on both sides. Since polls show that overwhelmingly the nation gives us very little chance of winning this game, most people would naturally bet on Louisville. The line needs to be set out pretty far to get those people to put money on WSU to beat the spread. Not saying that Louisville isn't legitimately the favorite, but betting lines are less about basketball analysis than about the public's perception of the two teams, which may or may not be accurate.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• What's the money line?
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                  What's the money line?
                  WSU +502
                  Louisville -630
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                    Remember - the Las Vegas line is not based on how experts think the game will go. It is based on what the experts think is needed to get the money bet evenly on both sides. Since polls show that overwhelmingly the nation gives us very little chance of winning this game, most people would naturally bet on Louisville. The line needs to be set out pretty far to get those people to put money on WSU to beat the spread. Not saying that Louisville isn't legitimately the favorite, but betting lines are less about basketball analysis than about the public's perception of the two teams, which may or may not be accurate.
                    I agree with you BUT they do have experts that come up with the original lines and they are very knowledgeable. If they have a very bad original line they can get hurt with large plays that take advantage. Then they have to over correct to balance their books leaving them vulnerable to those that might try and middle to win both bets. Initial lines are important and very truthful/reflective.

Comment

• ESPN First Take ‏@ESPN_FirstTake 7m

"I'm picking with my head, not my heart. Wichita State 68-65." - @RealSkipBayless
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                        WSU +502
                        Louisville -630
                        Thats about in line with a 15-20% chance, which is what Ive heard a lot of the prediction machines have.

I dont know. Once the game starts, and tge bullets start flying, I just have a feeling our guys will figure out what needs to do and make plays to get it done.

We will grind, grind, grind. We do that, I like our chances.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Pitino to be inducted in the Hall of Fame before the National Championship game according to ESPN. I'd say that's good motivation for the Shox to make sure he isn't coaching in that game.

Comment

• I'm sick of all the doubters and now it seems like they are coming out in droves now that we're closer to gameday. It's the same BS, look down your nose, dismiss as a fluke discussion. I am going to have to order a crateload of crow for Soren Petro and a couple of those other turds at 810 in KC. I just want to tell these guys that it doesn't bother us that they look past the Shockers - it's what fuels us. You'd think Louisville was the second coming of Christ - just keep looking past us because the next time you look up...we're going to be passing you.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                              Have you been to their scout board? It's 99% Ware injury threads. And rightfully so, I suppose. If the team is half as distracted by it as their fan base, that's probably not good for them. And as much as Pitino tries to warn them, I still have a feeling the players will once again underestimate us like Gonzaga and Ohio State. Hopefully, by the time they realize what's hit them, we'll be up 15.
                              Pitnio has this team focused. Don't think they aren't concerned for Ware but they're not overlooking you guys. I can guarantee that much.

Comment

• Tired of hearing about the guard play of everybody else. If our guards handle the pressure, we win.

Comment

Working...
                                X