Decision Time is close for Matty B.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decision Time is close for Matty B.

Paul S. had a update on matt, and says he close to being symton free.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

glad to hear he isnt totally broken

Comment

Matt must feel broken about the team not doing well as well as he would probably think. I'm sure there's this fire that's inside that tells him to play but Matt has so many limitations right now (mentally, and physically) and I don't think 6 or 7 weeks could fix them.

Comment

If he plays again this year, he is crazy.
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
          If he plays again this year, he is crazy.
          I agree 100%. But for some reason, I could see him coming in for a few possessions on Senior Night. Not saying it will or should happen, but it would be quite the story book ending to his Shocker career.....

That is until he leads us to a national championship as head coach. :posterwu:
          Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

in the blog it does say, that Matt is leaning more toward coming back and playing
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Let the guy come back and play and wear a helmet...

Comment

Helmets or protective headgear aren't necessarily going to protect him from further damage. The man has had 4 concussions, if he comes back he is an idiot. I understand his love and passion for the game, and I understand his wanting to be out on the court with his teammates, but if he comes back, all it'll take is one wrong move to kill him or ruin his life forever. He already has the makings of a great coach, that's where he needs to focus right now.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas
                  Helmets or protective headgear aren't necessarily going to protect him from further damage. The man has had 4 concussions, if he comes back he is an idiot. I understand his love and passion for the game, and I understand his wanting to be out on the court with his teammates, but if he comes back, all it'll take is one wrong move to kill him or ruin his life forever. He already has the makings of a great coach, that's where he needs to focus right now.
                  I agree, please Matt, no ONE is going to doubt your passion and love for Shocker Basketball. Just take a step back and listen to your friends and family. We need you to be our Head Coach in 2025, ,lol
                  ________
                  Free Drupal Themes
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

I wouldn't go as far as calling the man an idiot for coming back. I don't think it's in his best interest to do so, but the headgear would help if he did. It doesn't guarantee anything, but it does make it a bit safer.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Come on fanmas. An idiot? Did someone just kick your dog? I don't think MB should come back, at least not as a player. But if he chooses to do so, I don't think that makes him an idiot.
                      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

The only idiot in this thread is, well, the person calling players idiots.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Matt has to do what he want's to do and where his passion lives. There are alot things we do may not be to smart. But you also can't live your life in fear.

I hope he recovers fully and can at least have the option of coming back. It would also be even better if he could come back and somehow lead this team in a story book fashion.

Regardless, I'm sure he will weight the doctors advice, seek the counsel of his family, see what type of protection is available and make a decision based on his best judgment. And this will be good enough for me.

Comment

Steve Young had at least 7 concussions. He seems to be doing fine. - At any point in all our lives a wrong move could kill us, not just a guy who plays basketball. He could be walking to class, trip and get another concussion for all we know. Let the guy do what he wants. If the doctors say nothing bad will happen and he wants to come back and play, so be it. I'll root for him no matter what.
                            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                              Steve Young had at least 7 concussions. He seems to be doing fine. - At any point in all our lives a wrong move could kill us, not just a guy who plays basketball. He could be walking to class, trip and get another concussion for all we know. Let the guy do what he wants. If the doctors say nothing bad will happen and he wants to come back and play, so be it. I'll root for him no matter what.
                              :good: :good:
                              SFL is back!

Comment

Working...
                              X