I hope Garrett's here for four years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope Garrett's here for four years!

We'll be lucky if we have him for two though.

Our program has to be extremely attractive to any recruits right now looking at what we have coming in...it will be a sight to behold!

Re: I hope Garrett's here for four years!

Originally posted by Capitol Shock

Our program has to be extremely attractive to any recruits right now looking at what we have coming in...it will be a sight to behold!
    Deja vu. Why am I getting a sense I've heard these same comments before (like the comments made in the spring and summer about this year's class). I'm going to wait until I see the team Marshall puts together actually play next year before getting too excited. They sound absolutely GREAT on paper, but so did this year's recruits (even after HCGM had to scramble to put a team together).

Comment

Why wouldn't he be?

If he's the kind of guy he seems to be, from everything I've heard about him, he'll recognize the value of a college education beyond basketball...
      Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
      Students > Alumni
      If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
      The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

I think Garrett's highest ceiling may be a player like Nick Fazekas. If he continues to develop then I could fathom an early exit for the NBA, but probably not until after his junior year.

But at this point, it's pie-in-the-sky speculation.

Comment

The other night, when he scored 32, 18 rebounds and 11 blocks, he went through 3 jerseys because of the blood on them.

Why was there blood you ask...because he was being triple teamed and the only way they could slow him down was to hack him to death!

Comment

Re: I hope Garrett's here for four years!

Originally posted by Shox21
            Originally posted by Capitol Shock

Deja vu. Why am I getting a sense I've heard these same comments before (like the comments made in the spring and summer about this year's class). I'm going to wait until I see the team Marshall puts together actually play next year before getting too excited. They sound absolutely GREAT on paper, but so did this year's recruits (even after HCGM had to scramble to put a team together).
            Why on earth would you need to see them play?? :whistle:

BTW - Just for the sake of argument, if he were a lottery pick then the value of staying in school instead of going to the NBA is negative, highly negative.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
              I think Garrett's highest ceiling may be a player like Nick Fazekas. If he continues to develop then I could fathom an early exit for the NBA, but probably not until after his junior year.

But at this point, it's pie-in-the-sky speculation.
              i'd have to agree dead on.

odds are very unlikely that he would leave early for the NBA.
              veni, vidi, vici

Comment

There is no reason not to be excited about Garrett. However going league after two years is getting carried away.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Please lets not be annoiting our own"GawdShawGawd". Excessive expectations will not be helpful.

I suspect, if he progresses and puts up numbers like Miller, we will be very happy.

Comment

We don't know how Garrett will transitition to the faster pace of D 1 ball. Give him a few games under his belt first before we say he's the white Tim Duncan

Comment

These kinds of threads are just dumb. I remember when everyone said all this about Mekel. Hell, he can barely play the point at the D1 level much less serious Euro ball. Remember white kid from Syracuse, Jerry what's his name? He never got off the bench in Euro ball after being all Big East and all over Sports Center.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                        Please lets not be annoiting our own"GawdShawGawd". Excessive expectations will not be helpful.

I suspect, if he progresses and puts up numbers like Miller, we will be very happy.
                        Absolutely right. SIU fans will eventually come here, copy and paste parts of this thread to ValleyTalk or SalukiTalk, and get us back for the mocking of "GodShawGod."

Think before you post. Then think some more!!
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Gerry Mcnamara, you mean. We're overhyping Garrett already. Only very few exceptional players are worthy of hype like LeBron.

Comment

well can you blame people for hyping up garrett, i mean look at our team this year, we need something positive, and the future is positive.
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

but to say he might not be here for 4 years?

Comment

Working...
                              X