Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duncan

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
    We don't know how Garrett will transitition to the faster pace of D 1 ball. Give him a few games under his belt first before we say he's the white Tim Duncan
    Exactly right, Hotel. To suggest based on some good high school games that Stutz won't be here for four years is way way way premature, if not downright hysterical.

By the way, the original Tim Duncan played four years in college.

Comment

^I know. Dave Odom brought in Timmy at Wake. Tim wasn't really recruited at all.

Comment

How long was POB at BU?

Comment

POB bolted after 2 years at Bradley, but even if Garrett turns out to be the player we all hope he is, I don't think he will bolt, and here's why:

1) He comes from a very religious family, and is religious hisself.
          2) His Dad and Mom know the value of having a college education, and
          I think will stress that importance to him.
          3) If he does bolt to greener pastures, I think it would in no way be until his Senior year, and even then, a tough decision between going on or finishing college.
          4) He won't dominate in the MVC like he has in High School.

His last year, in my mind, would be the only halfway questionable year.

Comment

This is the same type of stuff we heard about Gal and really placed unresonable expectations on him that he didn't meet. Now as only a sophmore he's improving, but it's still not enough for some people as they expected more. We can hope for this all we want, but lets treat him well regardless if either a superstar or a solid D1 player shows up.

Comment

What really kills me is all the talk about how great he's gonna be his freshman year, based on his senior year in HS.

Why does everyone think his first year in D1 is going to be great. Everyone around here discussed how MG was having trouble adjusting to the speed of D1 ball, and he was 1st team All-American Juco. Don't you all think Juco is a step up from North KC HS ball? If MG was having a hard time, how/why do you all think GS is going to be leaving for the NBA in his 2nd or 3rd yr? Get a grip - and give the kid a chance to adjust. Maybe, after a yr or two, we can discuss 1st team MVC, and then go from there.

Comment

Egelsader, or "Irish Setter" as my wife calls him, was similarly overpowering in HS. Yet he doesn't start for UNI as a sophomore.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                X