Wichita State vs. LaSalle- Sweet Sixteen Showdown Discussion and Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
    Whoever wrote this obviously did their research. By research I mean looking at the starting lineup from last year and comparing it to the starting lineup from Gonzaga. We didn't lose 5 starters because Demetric is still on the team.
    Maybe by 'losing 5 starters' they meant the one remaining starter isn't starting anymore :)

Doesn't really jive with the whole 'that team was better than this team' angle

Comment

• I think people in the media are starting to get confused. We lost our top 5 SCORERS. And we lost 5 SENIORS.

Oh well...what can you expect from people who half of the time can't even spell our name right.....
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
        So my prediction: 79-67, Witches.
        Oooo...scary.

Comment

• I know everyone has seen it by now, the news video of the young lady describing the sound of hail stones raining down. Perhaps we should spin off her infamous "kapoooyaw" with a Ron Baker twist every time he rains down a three. It would be so fitting.

Comment

• I'm feeling angry about tomorrow..
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by KochHead22 View Post
              Larry buds is pretty good. Honestly I think a lot of the bars will have a pretty good turnout.

Maybe not as busy since its a late game on a weeknight.
              It's a good bar with some great shocker fans!
              I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
              If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• WHOM TO WATCH

La Salle’s Ramon Galloway: The senior is a phenomenal athlete, but his game goes beyond his dunking ability. Galloway is a complete player. He’s averaging 17.4 point per game. He’s shooting 41.4 percent from beyond the arc and 83.2 percent from the charity stripe. He also averages 1.9 steals.

“[My teammates] don't just push me and say, 'Ramon, go score.' They tell me to help us win, do it all,” Galloway said. “So I'm just glad that I'm blessed that I got this opportunity, and I'm blessed that I'm a well-rounded player.”

Wichita State’s Early: The Shockers' junior star has been a matchup nightmare for teams all season. Early (13.9 PPG, 5.2 RPG), a 6-foot-8 forward, can affect the game inside or outside. “I think he's got a chance to play at a really high level someday,” Marshall said.

WHAT TO WATCH

3-point shooting: Wichita State hit 50 percent of its 3-point attempts in its upset of No. 1 seed Gonzaga last weekend -- an impressive performance. But La Salle led the Atlantic 10 in 3-point field-goal percentage defense. The Explorers held A-10 opponents to a 28.4 percent clip from beyond the arc.
                LOS ANGELES -- Wichita State took the difficult route to the Staples Center.The Shockers’ Sweet 16 run has been littered with drama. First, they lost their top five scorers from last season.
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• We know we can win without 3 pt shooting. Can Lasalle?
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I love Wichita State.
                    I love college basketball.
                    I love Wichita State basketball.

I am an athlete, or
                    I am a student, or
                    I am a fan.

Wichita State makes me strong.
                    At home, at work, at play.

I have mental toughness.
                    I give extra effort.
                    I thrive in adversity.
                    I am tough.
                    I play angry.
                    I am not satisfied.

I am in the Sweet 16.
                    The country is watching.

Watch this United States.
                    Watch U.S.
                    Watch us.
                    #WATCHUS
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Comparative Stats from StatSheet.com

Sorry this is late, but just returned to my computer.

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• The Ball is tipped
                        There you are......

One shining moment!!
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• If the refs let them play, WSU wins by 15.
                          If the teams are in the bonus halfway through each half, the game goes down to the wire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                            If the refs let them play, WSU wins by 15.
                            If the teams are in the bonus halfway through each half, the game goes down to the wire.
                            this

Comment

• 12 hours till game time. I feel the Shox will win this one but it won't be easy. I am more nervous than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Comment

• I think we will have to absorb their barrage from 3. But think we may be able to get some transition baskets, and hopefully get some foul shots.

Comment

Working...
                                X