Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gregg marshall possibly leaving for ucla?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gregg marshall possibly leaving for ucla?

I hate to be a negative nancy but I feel as if this question must be asked...with the recent firing of ucla's coach and wsu making it to the sweet 16 this seems as if an opportune time for gregg marshall to possibly explore greener pastures and as he has stated before "the only way I see myself leaving is for a special situation" with this remark this is no doubt in my mind that gregg marshall has higher aspersions and givin the recent departure of Creighton from the mvc who knows what direction this conference may be heading in, ucla may offer a form of some type of stability
    and it isn't like ucla heads arnt scouting him http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/10/cbt-exam-week-essays-choosing-the-next-coach-at-ucla/ so now I must ask, thoughts?
    Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

lock this thread till afterwards

Comment

Special situation does not mean moving to California where he will be farther from home and playing in a subpar BCS conference. If he didn't leave for South Carolina last year, i feel very secure about him no leaving for Cali. Not a very good first post, but welcome to the board.

Comment

No.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

They fired a coach who just won his BCS league title and has three Final Fours. Marshall will not consider a school who treats their coaches that way. Lock this down and let's move on.
          Shocker Football...Alive in '95 errr 2005 errr 2025!!

Comment

Does DOFO have a brother?

Comment

Don't feed the troll.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

California highly compensated are leaving due to high taxes in the 60% range. Howland makes $2M. That means he takes home 40%, or about $800,000.
                Marshall at $1.5M will take home about 60% of his earnings, or about $900,000. He won't leave for money, that's for sure.

Would you leave the best group of underclassmen you have ever recruited for a school whose previous coach has taken their team to the Final Four three times but STILL GOT FIRED -- all for less take home pay?

I don't think the prestige of UCLA is worth that, but that's my own heart talking.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by GO_SHOCKERS View Post
                  They fired a coach who just won his BCS league title and has three Final Fours. Marshall will not consider a school who treats their coaches that way. Lock this down and let's move on.
                  This. Marshall is no dummy. As he had said, why uproot his family to go to a place where he would be fired in 3 years? This one does not worry me at all.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

not this crap already, just enjoyed the effing moment. We will have plenty of time to worry after the season on if he would leave for such and such job. Beside UCLA is a terrible fit for Marshall anyways.
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

How about this? "Gregg Marshall for National Coach Of the Year?" When does this award happen? Has it already happened? Dunno but 3G has done his very best Coaching at our Program this very Season under the toughest of adversities that would crumble most teams like a stale nacho on game day. Who has done better?
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

No way UCLA. They're a mess.

No more speculation until after the season. The Shox and HCGM are a great fit.

Comment

It's not time to worry about any of this. It is time to enjoy what we have now.

Having said that, i firmly believe in never say never. I totally agree with others that UCLA is not the dream job that would lure Marshall. Michigan State, yes; Louisville, yes; Indiana, maybe. UCLA is not the place that Marshall would want to clean up or expose his kids to, only to start taking crap from alumni in his first year.
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

@_kai_:
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I think everyone needs to put a lid on this thread NOW !!!!! any speculation is NOT good for the next week or TWO

Comment

Working...
                              X