Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the cover of tomorrow's Sports section Sweet 16 preview in the Eagle:

Comment

I believe that Tad's Locker Room is having 'Play Angry' items made.

Comment

My wife picked up some shirts today (from Dillons, I know) that say "Survive Advance" with "Play Angry" between.

Comment

I hope those guys are really getting fumingly pissed off right now. They need to be really angry from here on out.

Comment

Talking to my 9 year old last night, and he asked what " Play Angry" meant. So I explained it.

He smiled, turned, and started to walk away. I said wait, and asked him why?

He turns, and says "Well, if they needed to get angry, i was going to tell you to call coach and tell him to tell the team if they lose they have to fly home on a regular plane. I bet that would make them angry!"

Comment

ESPN is absolutely in love with this mantra.

I just replayed College Gameday. They said "Play Angry" 9 times in 3 minutes after playing our highlights.

#KeepPlayingANGRY Shockers!!!

Comment

Did you guys see Bilas and friends talking about snagging the copyright on #PlayAngry and making a killing on the shirts tonight on Sportscenter???

Too late fellas, but we can ship you a box!!!

Comment

Play Angry Trademark

I actually put a trademark on "Play Angry" yesterday. I looked it up, no one had a trademark on it so I did it.
                  Professional gas passer.

Comment

I sent an email to (I hope I remember the right name) John Brewer suggesting that he get a trademark on the slogan and get licensing revnue from anyone using it. I've got the shirt issued before WSU could possibly have gotten the trademark.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

"Villanova Has Dunked Its Way to the Top" - The Ringer

By Mark Titus
                      Dec 8, 2017, 9:20am EST

Power Rankings:

"10. Kentucky (7–1)
                      9. Gonzaga (7–2)
                      8. Kansas (7-1)
                      7. Texas A&M (7-1)
                      6. North Carolina (9–1)
                      5. Wichita State (7–1) I made this point on One Shining Podcast,a critically acclaimed show (subscribe!) that I host with Tate Frazier, but it bears repeating: Wichita State’s “play angry” branding has run its course. This isn’t a bad thing. It’s just that the Shockers don’t fit the mold of a small school that wins with HUSTLE and TOUGHNESS anymore. They win because they have good players and a good coach. That’s it. In fact, I’d argue that this Wichita State squad isn’t angry at all. Outside of the Cal comeback in Maui (which I felt was more about the Bears’ refusal to break a press than any other factor), there hasn’t been a single moment in any game this season that I’ve been blown away by the Shockers’ effort. I haven’t thought, “Damn, it’s making me uncomfortable how badly those dudes want to win!”

And that’s fine. I just think we’ve entered a new era of Shockers basketball, and it’s time to leave the old motto behind. Pumping up the “play angry” ethos with a team that’s better on offense than defense would be ridiculous, like if Arizona dubbed itself “Point Guard U” even though point guard play has been an Achilles’ heel for one of the most talented Wildcats teams of all time. Wait, bad example.

4. Miami (8–0)
                      3. Michigan State (8–1)
                      2. Duke (11–0)
                      1. Villanova (9–0)..."

Comment

• wu_shizzle
                        wu_shizzle commented
                        Editing a comment
                        More true now than ever.

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                      "Villanova Has Dunked Its Way to the Top" - The Ringer

By Mark Titus
                      Dec 8, 2017, 9:20am EST

Power Rankings:

"10. Kentucky (7–1)
                      9. Gonzaga (7–2)
                      8. Kansas (7-1)
                      7. Texas A&M (7-1)
                      6. North Carolina (9–1)
                      5. Wichita State (7–1) I made this point on One Shining Podcast,a critically acclaimed show (subscribe!) that I host with Tate Frazier, but it bears repeating: Wichita State’s “play angry” branding has run its course. This isn’t a bad thing. It’s just that the Shockers don’t fit the mold of a small school that wins with HUSTLE and TOUGHNESS anymore. They win because they have good players and a good coach. That’s it. In fact, I’d argue that this Wichita State squad isn’t angry at all. Outside of the Cal comeback in Maui (which I felt was more about the Bears’ refusal to break a press than any other factor), there hasn’t been a single moment in any game this season that I’ve been blown away by the Shockers’ effort. I haven’t thought, “Damn, it’s making me uncomfortable how badly those dudes want to win!”

And that’s fine. I just think we’ve entered a new era of Shockers basketball, and it’s time to leave the old motto behind. Pumping up the “play angry” ethos with a team that’s better on offense than defense would be ridiculous, like if Arizona dubbed itself “Point Guard U” even though point guard play has been an Achilles’ heel for one of the most talented Wildcats teams of all time. Wait, bad example.

4. Miami (8–0)
                      3. Michigan State (8–1)
                      2. Duke (11–0)
                      1. Villanova (9–0)..."
                      I think that motto shall stay with the VanVleet/Baker era

Comment

Even if our guys are more talented and better coached than most of the teams we play, I still enjoy watching them display the "play angry" philosophy, regardless if the motto has run it's course or not.
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

AC is credited with starting the motto; can't find too many more talented Shockers than that. If HE valued that motto, then I accept it. Promise there will come a game where, regardless of our coaching or talent, we will need to adopt a "Play Angry" attitude!

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                            AC is credited with starting the motto; can't find too many more talented Shockers than that. If HE valued that motto, then I accept it. Promise there will come a game where, regardless of our coaching or talent, we will need to adopt a "Play Angry" attitude!

Weve had three already

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I missed the part where we weren't already winning because we had good players and a good coach.

Comment

Working...
                              X