Play Angry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play Angry

Our marketing guys need to seize the moment and run with this. Make it more well-known than HAVOC. Buy a full page ad in the LA Times this week. Flood Twitter. Tee shirts, hats, bumper stickers. All of it...this is a GREAT mantra.

#PlayAngry

Dickie V mentioned it tonight...and credited AC and Good News as the authors.
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
    which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

I am so serious about this. This phrase is catchy as hell and its COMPLETELY OURS. Originated by Shocker LEGENDS.

Marketing people please run with it...we are building a national brand and #PlayAngry is a great publicity vehicle.

Comment

Just posted a tweet with #PlayAngry. I love the idea of turning #PlayAngry into our own version of #Havoc. Let's make this happen folks!
        Three things in life are constant- death, taxes, and Creighton losing in the first weekend of the tournament.

AAC or Bust!

Comment

#WatchUs #PlayAngry!!!!!!

Comment

ESPN getting on board the #PlayAngry mantra.

Turning point(s): Wichita State, known for its hard-nosed “Play Angry” defense, showed it off in the first half, holding the Zags below 33 percent shooting while building as much as a 10-point lead on a Jake White 3-pointer with 5:01 before the break. Gonzaga inched back to within five points by halftime thanks to Elias Harris and Kelly Olynyk. Then, with 13:38 left, Zags guards Kevin Pangos and Mike Hart buried back-to-back 3s to give their team back the lead, 43-41 -- and also jump-started a 12-0 run that gave the Zags as much as an eight-point advantage.

It didn't last.

The Shockers kept battling and regained the lead with 3:29 left when Carl Hall followed teammate Ron Baker’s triple with a bucket to make it 62-61. The teams traded free throws, then Baker hit another 3 with 3:09 left to give his team a 67-63 cushion. Olynyk scored, but WSU’s Fred Van Vleet hit an improbable-looking, high-arcing trey to extend the lead to five. And on a night when it seemed like the Shockers couldn't miss, it was enough.
             SALT LAKE CITY -- C’mon. You know you want to do it. Go ahead. Insert your “shock” pun here.Because the ninth-seeded Wichita State Shockers did just that Saturday, knocking off top-seeded Gonzaga, 76-70, to advance to the Sweet 16.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

What exactly is play angry? Isn't it really = MTXE?

Whatever it is let's keep doing it, but I would also like the guys to consider Playing Smart as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Whatever it is let's keep doing it, but I would also like the guys to consider Playing Smart as well.
                Play Angry is the phrase that Antoine Carr used when visit the team earlier this year and repeated in a text to Marshall before the tournament.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                  I am so serious about this. This phrase is catchy as hell and its COMPLETELY OURS. Originated by Shocker LEGENDS.

Marketing people please run with it...we are building a national brand and #PlayAngry is a great publicity vehicle.
                  I 100% agree with you, it completely fits our style of play and the meaning is obvious and is very trafficable in today's media environment.

Comment

Play Angry is MTXE for the "low information voter".
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                      Play Angry is the phrase that Antoine Carr used when visit the team earlier this year and repeated in a text to Marshall before the tournament.
                      Restoring the linkage to guys like Carr and McDaniel while garnering national attention with it feels pretty good. Feels like re-emerging :)

Comment

Are our beloved Shockers yet satisfied? Obviously not, which makes us play angry. Sleep well tonight Shocker fans. We are Dancing forward like MTXE angry road warriors that are supposed to keep losing, but instead we keep bustin brackets. We have indeed won our fair share of road games for the past 3 Seasons which helps when we are asked to play in Salt Lake City rather than Kansas City which is much closer to home. It does not matter when we have even Freshmen and Sophs that have ice-water in their veins. We respect all teams Dancing but we fear None!!!!!!!
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                          I know that. But everytime a coach or player is asked what does play angry mean the stumble around and then say, well it's not really angry so much as it is play hard and tough. In other words MTXE. It always seems awkward. I think MTXE2 would be what I would have like to see it morph into. Just sayin'. But in this day and age of sound bites anyhting that gives you positive pub and recognition is a good thing.

Comment

I know that. But everytime a coach or player is asked what does play angry mean the stumble around and then say, well it's not really angry so much as it is play hard and tough. In other words MTXE. It always seems awkward. I think MTXE2 would be what I would have like to see it morph into. Just sayin'. But in this day and age of sound bites anyhting that gives you positive pub and recognition is a good thing.
                            Nobody, and I mean nobody, outside Kansas has a clue what MTXE means. A catchphrase is like a joke- it kills it if you have to explain it.

I think #PlayAngry is pretty self-explanatory. Also, MTXE2 was already used during Randy's regime.

Comment

Marshall said, 'We hit them before they hit us."

Comment

Working...
                              X