Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How The Hell Does the Kansas Jayhacks Get Invited To This Here Tournament???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox View Post
    THere are tons, I think itd be an embarrasment if we played KU at home, half the arena would show their true colors and be in blue.
    I don't think that there are tons. I remember watching the WSU/KU game at Koch (then HLA), in 1987 (I think) when we beat Danny Manning and Turgeon. The large majority(my guess would be 90/10 or 85/15) were Shocker fans with Jayhawk fans sprinkled in (of course, that was before they raised the prices and invited Corporates to raise big money which probably has changed things some). There were a good number of Shocker and Jayhawk fans who were married.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      I don't think that there are tons. I remember watching the WSU/KU game at Koch (then HLA), in 1987 (I think) when we beat Danny Manning and Turgeon. The large majority(my guess would be 90/10 or 85/15) were Shocker fans with Jayhawk fans sprinkled in (of course, that was before they raised the prices and invited Corporates to raise big money which probably has changed things some). There were a good number of Shocker and Jayhawk fans who were married.

who in hell would marry a Jayhawk fan?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Haha no kidding.

Comment

Yes, I think that there was a reference in the bible that this shouldn't happen.

Comment

We're confounded in our house. Wife and I are WSU grads, except for father in law, all my in-laws went to KU, father-in-law played football at Wichita U then graduated from KSU, my kids go to KU, and my family is from Texas. Family gatherings are usually polite, more so as we've aged. I did get a chuckle out of the jayhawk's debacle at TCU this year, but don't usually root against them until they enter the great state of Texas. Same with K-State; hated to see them lose yesterday, but every team out there is going to lose except one.

As long as the Shox have great seasons, I'm happy to see the cats and jayhawks have good ones too, but if they don't, I don't worry about it. Now if the Shox have a bad season, I want some company in the form of road kill wildcats with a kitty litter poor season, and a buckshot up the butt season for the cartoon creation of a mascot from the liberal bastion of Kansas.

Comment

Alright everyone.... Enough negativity. Think positive thoughts and keep the negative tongue from wagging (Psalm 141:3-5).
              Flow all positive thoughts towards a Shocker victory tonight against the Zags. This has nothing to do with KU. This is about WSU's MARCH TO THE FINAL FOUR! It CAN happen. It WILL happen!!!

Comment

Maybe bang her like a screen door in a tornado, but take her home to meet the family?

No one in their right mind would marry one.
                An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

I was married to a K-State fan...

WAS

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                    I was married to a K-State fan...

WAS
                    That is a hell of a lot better than a KU fan.

I have a friend that had a daughter that went to KU, he was so ashamed he told people that she worked in a whore house in Kansas City.
                    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                      I don't think that there are tons. I remember watching the WSU/KU game at Koch (then HLA), in 1987 (I think) when we beat Danny Manning and Turgeon.
                      It was 1987. They didn't play the next year. I've always wondered why.

Comment

Originally posted by owenc View Post
                        It was 1987. They didn't play the next year. I've always wondered why.
                        I think that was the year they won the NC.
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                          I think that was the year they won the NC.
                          That was 1988.

Comment

This is a pathetic thread. I am sorry to add one more post but I had to say it.

Comment

Working...
                            X