Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How The Hell Does the Kansas Jayhacks Get Invited To This Here Tournament???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How The Hell Does the Kansas Jayhacks Get Invited To This Here Tournament???

Really??? How in the world does this happen????? Western Kentucky for God's sake???? Gee-zus!!!!!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Auto-bid.

Comment

At the end of the day, all that matters is you get a W next to your name.

Comment

Good stuff AZ. If at first you don't succeed, try try again. :friendly_wink:
        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Yet KU loses by thirty to a team that doesn't even make the tournament and a week later is a #1 seed?

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
            Really??? How in the world does this happen????? Western Kentucky for God's sake???? Gee-zus!!!!!
            style points don't matter in this here tournament - all that matters is find a way to win. That was W. Ky national championship game last night. WSU has laid plenty of turds this season against teams that had no reason to beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by benishock View Post
              Yet KU loses by thirty to a team that doesn't even make the tournament and a week later is a #1 seed?
              It is called "body of work".

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                style points don't matter in this here tournament - all that matters is find a way to win. That was W. Ky national championship game last night. WSU has laid plenty of turds this season against teams that had no reason to beat them.
                This. I think there have been numerous tournament champions who have struggled in early rounds against lesser opponents, especially since the dance expanded to 64 and then 68 teams. A win is a win....that being said, God, they played awful.

Comment

KU had 13 top-50 RPI wins going into the tournament, next closest in America was 8 or 9 I believe.

That being said, they got the auto-bid.

It is quite possible we would have struggled against WKU last night.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I used to think trolling bible forums was the easiest but y'all have proven me wrong here.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                      KU had 13 top-50 RPI wins going into the tournament, next closest in America was 8 or 9 I believe.

That being said, they got the auto-bid.

It is quite possible we would have struggled against WKU last night.
                      If WKU couldn't handle VCU's defense at VCU when they got blown out by 32 points, just think how they would do against our defense.

Comment

#obsessedwithKU

Comment

I'm gonna give this here thread a thumbs down

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                            Really ??? You're talking smack about KU? 9 consecutive Big XII titles, 31 consecutive winning seasons, 24 consecutive NCAA tournaments, tied for regular season Big XII title, won the Big XII tournament. We all get tired of the younger JoCo idiots, but come on man...

There are A LOT of KU fans cheering on WSU to beat Gonzaga and advance. The key 3 words are "survive and advance."

Here's hoping KU and WSU meet in the National Championship Game !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                              Really ??? You're talking smack about KU? 9 consecutive Big XII titles, 31 consecutive winning seasons, 24 consecutive NCAA tournaments, tied for regular season Big XII title, won the Big XII tournament. We all get tired of the younger JoCo idiots, but come on man...

There are A LOT of KU fans cheering on WSU to beat Gonzaga and advance. The key 3 words are "survive and advance."

Here's hoping KU and WSU meet in the National Championship Game !!!
                              Are there any WSU fans cheering for KU to win? I've never met any.

Comment

Working...
                              X