WSU VERSUS GONZAGA PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU VERSUS GONZAGA PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Here's the deal. Southern took them to the mat but come up short. Our Shocks will Gong the Zags. However, they will shoot the ball much better. They are a good team but beatable. Their bigs looked solid.

Angry MTXE Road Warrior Shockers 77

Zags get Gonged but barely--------74
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

My guess it'd be a close game. If today is an indication, they're beatable
    Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Easy peasy. Duplicate today's defense and pop in 5-6 three's. Que Ron Baker. He's missed enough three's today to last him the whole tournament.

Comment

Before the Southern game I was concerned about how we were gonna guard Elias Harris, now, I'm not so concerned about him. Sam Dower was MIA today as well, he basically kept Gonzaga in the game at Butler. If Sam Dower shoots his average at Butler, there is no need for Roosevelt Jones's shot-put runner- Butler wins going away.

Shockers win in a game very similar to Tennessee in 2006.

Guarding Pangos, and not losing him for moments - as Southern did - will be key.

I assume Cotton will take him and I have full faith in him being able to stay on Pangos.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

My prediction....KC Shox predicts that we will lose because we just aren't in the same league as Gonzaga!

Comment

79-76 ZAGS
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Shox 84

Zags 75
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I have no clue as to how this game will play out. If we knew going in that the Shocks would were going to shoot 2 of 20 three-pointers against Pitt no one, not even @forevershockerfan, would have thought we would beat Pitt, let alone pound them by 18.

It will take another solid team effort to beat Gonzaga and we probably are going to have to shoot much better from the perimenter to beat them. The good thing is we are capable of doing just that. We'll find out Saturday if it happerns. But this Shocker team will not be in awe of or intimidated by Gonzaga, or any other team in this tournament nor should they be.

Go Shocks!

Comment

It's really hard to make a pick. This is the round of 32. Everyone left is very good and capable of beating anyone.

No way I won't pick the shox at this point even if 'gong zaga' (thank you fsf) is number 1.

They will come out mad and ready after that nearly historic letdown, but we will come out hungry as ever. We also still have half the team that was shooting poorly ready to start hitting them next round.

Hard to say.

Shox 72
                  Gongzaga 64

Comment

On twitter they said that Dickie V said we are going to upset the zags!!!
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post

Dick Vitale believes Gonzaga will fall to Wichita State following a close call against Southern in the second round of the NCAA tournament Thursday.

Here's the link for those interested.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Athletically, I think we match up nicely. No doubt Baker will have a better game against the Zags. Patterson wasn't a great match-up for Baker today.
                        The Hall/Harris matchup will be a good one but I think Hall will have the advantage.
                        Cotton won't have any trouble keeping Pangos in front of him.
                        Armstead should be able to get around Stockton for some easy shots.

Defensive keys to the game
                        1. Don't allow for easy layups on the ball screens. Olynyk had several easy layups generated from setting ball screens and rolling to the basket today.
                        2. Limit the Zags transition opportunities. They are very good in transition.

The Shox will not come out intimidated and this team has to be riding a wave of confidence. Time for them to go out and prove themselves in front of a national audience.

Go Shockers!!!
                        Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

I think Gonzaga took Southern for granted. That won't happen Saturday against a WSU team that blew out Pitt.
                          Look for Gonzaga to come out really focused.

WSU will have to hit outside shots to have a chance. We'll see if they can do it.

Comment

I would hope we're due for a better 3 point percentage this game. Lord knows it can't get any worse. Baker and Early, as well as Armstead are gonna have to hit some outside shots to have a chance. I'm hoping a close game by Gonzaga last game doesn't get them too extra focused now. I'd almost prefer a blowout over Southern.

If we play with the same intensity on defense as we did today, we will have a chance, and as a 9 seed in this thing, that's all you can ask for.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                              Is that good? or bad? for the Shocks.

Comment

Working...
                              X