Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How in the World Does Pitt Even Make It Into Tourney???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm starting to think Tekele should mark Gonzaga's stud center. :)
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

We need a dislike or boo button.
      In the fast lane

Comment

Yeah maybe vcu said the same about us last year. Give me a break. Not a smart thread at all.

Comment

I think the thread was making fun of the Pitt radio guy that asked MK how WSU could be a 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
            I think the thread was making fun of the Pitt radio guy that asked MK how WSU could be a 9.
            I didn't hear this, I assume he condescendingly asked how we got up to a 9?

Comment

This is correct. Andrew Fillipponi. Check his twitter. He predicted Pitt into the sweet sixteen because "Gonzaga is soft and Wichita shouldn't be in the tournament" He defended his position by stating the Shockers only have 2 BCS wins and neither of those were impressive. All I could think of during the game is...well...he now knows why the Shocks don't get many games against BCS teams, and scheduling them is not going to get any easier after the whipping of the 4th best team in the all powerful Big East.
              Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

@AZ Shocker: Really dumb thread. I guess VCU and Creighton suck too?
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                  Both teams looked a little slow to me. PITT for the whole game but WSU only for the first half. I don't know if PITT always plays that way but that may explain why WSU's perimeter defense looked better than usual today. But hay, I'll take it.
                  This is why the eye test can be faulty. When teams are hitting shots, they gain energy. When teams miss shots, the energy is drained out of them. That's why good, tough minded defensive teams are more likely to win a grind it out game. The unique item about this game was that these two defensive minded teams were in each others grills. There were some open, uncontested 3's but not many. Against Gonzaga, it may be to our advantage to play a tough defensive game that is a grinding game. We can possibly run with them but they probably aren't as good when the game is a half court game when the other team can match their physicality.

Comment

Mike even commented about that on the radio broadcast. He said maybe now he will understand.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                      How in the world does Pitt even make it into the Tourney??? You know????
                      They were TERRIBLE. I realize my Shocks had a lot to do with it.....but c'mon man.....seriously??? Pitt???
                      This makes us sound like that we sucked out a victory for an overrated team. Great, and here I was pushing out my chest with pride over nothing. The one thing I will say is that the Valley slate and the type of defense we play against and what we throw out prepared the Shox very well against Pitt.

Comment

I think all the BCS conferences are over-rated. Mid-majors are a little under-rated especially the good ones. Defense, great defense can make great teams look average and good teams look bad. We played a good team that plays great-d and made them look bad. If you watched the game and watched how we play defense you would have seen a team that gave them very few good looks. We know netheir team is flashy in the half court game and both teams depend on steals and run-outs. We caused alot of turnovers resulting in easy baskets. Also we kept them to one and out, our rebounding was very good. We also had some real good offensive rebounds for more possesions....

Comment

I think most here misinterpreted my point of view. I'm totally making fun of "overrated" BCS conferences that's all.
                          And.....if you re-read my initial post I of course give credit to our SHOCKS!!!! Duh... Lol

GO SHOCKS!!!
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I listened to parts of the Pitt pregame. They were intent that Pitt would play man to man and beat the shockers because they were better. Maybe they are a little better but if anyone scouts the shockers you know you need to play zone. The shockers hustle will help make up any athletic gaps. Pitt wasn't an offensive juggernaut this year. So both teams solid d led to a bad first half. The second half I think you saw the shockers starting to relax some. I don't think the big east is over rated but I do think they are full of themselves. Sure they are better than the valley but the valley isn't a bunch of scrubs either.

Comment

didnt we have this conversation when we whipped Seton Hall in 06?
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Seton Hall really may not have belonged in the tournament that year. I know that was debated at the time they made it in.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X