Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How in the World Does Pitt Even Make It Into Tourney???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How in the World Does Pitt Even Make It Into Tourney???

How in the world does Pitt even make it into the Tourney??? You know????
    They were TERRIBLE. I realize my Shocks had a lot to do with it.....but c'mon man.....seriously??? Pitt???
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

A lot of the talking heads felt they were underseeded and should have been a 6. I think our defensive effort really made them look like garbage so give us some credit.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

4th in the Big East is pretty good. They are a solid team, WSU just played lights out defense and made enough offensive plays to get it done.
      -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

This is the same as the "overrated" chant. It makes no sense. We just blew out a team that, if anything, got a worse seed than they should have (due to preventing Big East rematches). Let's not try to make the win less impressive than it was. Just enjoy it.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I'm gonna throw out an idea not too many wanna hear. The Big East is "overrated" and the MVC in "underrated". No??? ;)
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

The dance is the dance. We are still in it.

Comment

Give our team some credit!

Comment

I can't imagine that they played anywhere near their potential. That being said I agree with many others on the board that have said WSU's defense deserves much of the credit.
                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                  I'm gonna throw out an idea not too many wanna hear. The Big East is "overrated" and the MVC in "underrated". No??? ;)
                  I don't know if the MVC is underrated, but WSU is.

Comment

How far could we go with last year's shooters and this year's defenders?

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                      How in the world does Pitt even make it into the Tourney??? You know????
                      They were TERRIBLE. I realize my Shocks had a lot to do with it.....but c'mon man.....seriously??? Pitt???
                      Please give our team credit!

There are some who look at our losses and say TE same thing. Finally -- it is why YOU PLAY THE GAME!

Comment

Pitt is a good team.

F those who downplay how good they are. They are a well coached team, with good players.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                          I can't imagine that they played anywhere near their potential. That being said I agree with many others on the board that have said WSU's defense deserves much of the credit.
                          Both teams looked a little slow to me. PITT for the whole game but WSU only for the first half. I don't know if PITT always plays that way but that may explain why WSU's perimeter defense looked better than usual today. But hay, I'll take it.
                          "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Pitt is no doubt a good team. But man the Shocks just sucked the life right out of 'em today, lead by Tekele cutting off the head of the snake.

Comment

Pitt is #8 in the country according to Pomeroy and their BPI is really good, we just stomped a really good team and when you say they are bad it takes away from what we did to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X