Does Creighton trading up and leaving the MVC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Andy Katz:

1. Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall has always said he has a million-dollar job and it would take something special to take him from his current position. The Shockers dismantled Pitt Thursday in the NCAA tournament and Marshall should once again become a hot commodity. Marshall could do wonders with a shot at a higher level. With Creighton gone the Shockers could be the dominant program in the Missouri Valley Conference and Marshall would be the anchor at Wichita -- much like VCU's Shaka Smart, Butler's Brad Stevens, Gonzaga's Mark Few and Davidson's Bob McKillop. The only opening that is out there so far where Marshall could flourish is USC. He may not have the L.A. recruiting ties but his style of play would thrive in the Pac-12. If not there, and nothing else pops, then he'll be the one to chase in the Valley.

Comment

As to who started this thread, my vote goes to Cold with a proxy server.

As far as Marshall's future, I understand Pitt will be looking for a coach.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        As to who started this thread, my vote goes to Cold with a proxy server.

As far as Marshall's future, I understand Pitt will be looking for a coach.
        Why would he downgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
          Why would he downgrade?
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
          X